Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Pearls From Lobi
06-28-2013, 03:33 PM
I had 50 spare Lobi from my last bout of Lobi Store purchases and figured I'd get a head start on my Risian Corvette.

I already had 40 Pearls from my first race so I bought and opened 10 Lobi Pearl Boxes.

I received a total of 44 Pearls from 10 Lobe Pearl Boxes!?

Better to just do the race.

I wonder why Cryptic is always so cheap about these kind of things? I mean they get you the first time, but I'm sure people avoid them after.
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-28-2013, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlaylierah View Post
I had 50 spare Lobi from my last bout of Lobi Store purchases and figured I'd get a head start on my Risian Corvette.

I already had 40 Pearls from my first race so I bought and opened 10 Lobi Pearl Boxes.

I wonder why Cryptic is always so cheap about these kind of things? I mean they get you the first time, but I'm sure people avoid them after.
That actually doesn't bother me overly much. I mean, they want you to play the game to win the prizes. They offer you the *option* of buying your way to the prizes, but it'll cost ya.

That said, it really does feel like anything worth having in the summer event is way too expensive to be worth trying to earn. Unless you really enjoy running the jetpack races and such. I don't, but to each their own.
http://geekparty.com/an-open-letter-to-cryptic-studios/ My latest STO article, about the Summer Event. Where I admit that really...it's mostly about the outfits.
Captain
# 3
06-28-2013, 03:41 PM
They dont get me the first time. i wait until somone else does it before I even consider it. Anyway Thanks for checking that and warning us its a bad deal and even worse than the lobi for favors they blatantly said was bad in the description.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
06-28-2013, 03:52 PM
Last time I checked, life was about the pursuit not the end. If they gave you the ship without having to earn it, you'd do what? Chuck it and play something else?

Me? I'll run the races. Somehow between running a business, having a wife and family as well as running my HOA I can manage to get one one a night for 25 of 35 nights. Somehow, I think you can too.
Rihannsu
# 5
06-28-2013, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlaylierah View Post

Random number generator generates a random number on each execution or each time you open a box of Pearls. The minimum number the RNG can generate has been raised to 4. Good thing they didn't start it at zero!

Perhaps you could make a blood sacrifice to the IT gawds in order for them to smile and bestow upon you the bounty of their magical calculations?

Or better still, you could gamble on the state and nation-wide lotteries in the hopes of becoming the next insta-millionaire!
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
06-28-2013, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admanf2p View Post
Last time I checked, life was about the pursuit not the end. If they gave you the ship without having to earn it, you'd do what? Chuck it and play something else?

Me? I'll run the races. Somehow between running a business, having a wife and family as well as running my HOA I can manage to get one one a night for 25 of 35 nights. Somehow, I think you can too.
I will run the races as well.

As posted, I figured I'd get a head start in case I need to miss some days. (Law Enforcement)

Consider this thread as a Public Service Warning.

Myself. I really appreciate when someone posts these so I don't waste time and resources.

And hopefully someday Cryptic will realize they can make more money by being generous with their Virtual Goods than by being so cheap.
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.
Career Officer
# 7
06-28-2013, 04:23 PM
It is easier and funner to run the races than to waste your Lobi on Pearls. I bought Pearls thinking I could get a head start. I was wrong. Have fun flying in the sky.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
06-28-2013, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by velqua View Post
It is easier and funner to run the races than to waste your Lobi on Pearls. I bought Pearls thinking I could get a head start. I was wrong. Have fun flying in the sky.
Pretty Much.
Career Officer
# 9
06-28-2013, 05:03 PM
In the Lobi store, right click the box that gives you pearls. An info window pops up and it says the box gives you 2-6 pearls. That's it. They did the same exact thing during the winter event for the Q photos that were used to get the Breen ship. 2-6 photos per box from the Lobi store. Won't do any good to complain or ask that they increase the amount you can get. They never changed it during the winter event.

For those who are impatient and don't want to wait, you're gonna pay and pay big time to get the ship. And there are some who will.

*Side note: For those who don't know, right clicking an outfit in the Lobi store will give you a preview of the outfit in the info window that pops up.

Urge to rant rising!
Captain
# 10
06-28-2013, 05:24 PM
I have to laugh at people that show off the Risian Corvette or Breen ship the week the event comes out. Of course, some people have to go on vacation for most of the event, but still.