Captain
Ever wonder where the Borg came from?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUvh...959D92A3F84272

It was never shown on the screen but makes for interesting thought.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Captain
# 2
06-29-2013, 03:51 PM
Well theres a mummy Borg and a daddy Borg.... Sorry couldn't resist ( you could say resistants is futile, sorry again ) yeah heard all the possible whos, where's and why's and i want a deeper story from the Borg.
Career Officer
# 3
06-29-2013, 07:41 PM
Nope. I like not knowing.

"I won't try to hide behind the Law if what I stand for is what's Right."

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Captain
# 4
06-29-2013, 09:45 PM
I realize the non-canonical deck, including STO, is stacked against this opinion, and I realize its been said that Gene Roddenberry might have considered a bit of retconning by speculating that the machine planet which reshaped Voyager 6 might have been the Borg homeworld, but when someone finally writes the official, definitive lore on Borg origin, I hope V'ger is no where near it. I'm not really sure I can verbalize why, but it just feels that an origin tied to V'ger would weaken the Borg storyline further.

Fortunately, one notable piece of official lore, the Voyager episode Dragon's Teeth states that the alien race du jour encountered Borg a full 9 centuries previous. Unfortunately, one of the non-canon sources, to prop up their own story, has suggested that V'ger wormhole sent it back in time as well as across the galaxy.
Captain
# 5
06-30-2013, 02:25 AM
One of many Borg origin stories out there, one day there may be an official origin story but I doubt it - never know though.
The Destiny one was predictable but interesting - good books but bad ending but leads onto imo the good Typhon Pact series.
http://www.auroratrek.com/index.html
Career Officer
# 6
06-30-2013, 03:12 AM
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-30-2013, 03:19 AM
It is the opinion of many people familiar with star trek that the borg originated due to the events of Star Trek IV: the Voyage Home. in that movie, the ship used plasma-based tech and resembled one of the later borg command ships. the starfleet officer who was captured may in fact have been the first borg queen.

Not sure if thats what Gene intended, but I guess we'll never really know
Light Speed! - No, light speed is too slow. We need LUDICROUS SPEED!

Ajma420 - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Federation
Catherine The Great - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Empire
Vladimir - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Rihannsu Empire
Career Officer
# 8
06-30-2013, 06:13 AM
Nah nah, heres how they really came about...

In another part of the galaxy, there was a planet called Mobius, where a genius cyberneticist called Dr. Robotnick once spread his robotic creations ot try and enslave all of the species on the planet, in a long and brutal battle, a hero emerged that defeated him and expelled him from the planet. The Name of the hero is unknown, but what Dr. Robotnic did next is...

While escapeing the planet he managed to capture his hearts desire, Princess Sera. With his equipment failing and a need to escape with his life from the unknown liberator of planet Mobius, there where technical difficultys and in an accidental detonation, Princess Sera became injured. Dr. Robotnic had his initial fleets continue to deep space tpo hide and setup a new base, while he deverted to the closest system of Mongo to have Sera healed. In exchange for helping Sera, the rule of Mongo, a man amed Ming forced robotnic to create an army of robots to serve him, even a giant death ray/weather maker/satelite transponder siphon that he could use to torment earth and pirate free cable. Sera ended up having to have robot enhancments and cybernetic components to replace parts of her too damaged to continue to function, but it wasent long before RObotnic was betrayed and destroyed by a renegade assassin droid he created to kill Ming, call HK-47. The robot then fled in a ship belonging to robotnic, but was intercepted by War Rocket Ajax, HK-47 activated the escape pods, not knowing Princess Sera was being smuggled in one of them, thy eboth flew off in different directions, neither of them detected as lifeforms due to the robotc components inside of them. HK-47 flew off to an unknown destiny in a galxy far far away, but princess sera flew twords Robotnics fleet and was eventually salvaged by some of his Bots who collected her and reactivated her. RObotnic had intigrated hs technical schematics and designes into her neronet processor giving her the ability to self replicate and carry on his work of creating a perfect utopia of roboticised civilisations, along way of conquiring and robotisizing thousands of races she assimilated lots of technology adn learned how to advance her own bodys techical abilties until she was just a brain and spine hooked to a computer core. her robotisizing techniques also improved as she created faster ways to assimilate and at a more effient progress until her drones where as they are today, and she rules over them as the queen. She named them the Borg, meaning "Biodroids of Robotnics Girl" Unfortunately, her relay systems can still only require cable connections, thats why the maintence drones took so long to get the Picards deflector signal up and running properly, and why thier creations are simple geometric shapes...her connection could only handle simple feeds like Minecraft!

:3
How Picard dealt with ARC_STO Feedback_ARC Wars time capsule
Captain
# 9
06-30-2013, 06:25 AM
Hmmm, I always thought they came from over there...

After all, they are coming over here.
Captain
# 10
06-30-2013, 06:27 AM
I think I'd rather not know the Collective's origin. In this case, the knowledge is irrelevant. We already know too much about the Mirror Universe. Look what the Terran Empire earned because of this. Leave the Borg origin be. Sometimes, an explanation makes an idea a little smaller and not as much fun.