Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Starfleet Veteran
Hi Sir,

When you bought "Legacy of Romulus", how do you take your next ship when you get a new rank please ? All the ships of "Legacy of Romulus" appear in your Inventory ; so do you rightclick the corresponding ship(box) for your new rank and select "USE", or do you go directly to "Ship and Shuttle Requisitions" and select the corresponding ship for your new rank inhere ?

And do you first take the standard ship for your new rank, or do you directly go to your Inventory and open the ship you bought with "Legacy of Romulus" ?

I Ask this because I've Gotten completly stuck at Level 10 Romulan Character, and had to DELETE the character !

Thanks in advance for your answers !

Allfather
Lord of Destruction - Allfather - Holy Lamb of Knowledge - Commander of the 7 Nation Army - The Victory Sire

Last edited by allfather777; 06-29-2013 at 04:53 AM.
Career Officer
# 2
06-29-2013, 05:00 AM
When you level up, you ironically have to claim one of the standard ships to complete the ranking ship. you can then proceed with the mission, and discard the standard ship for one of the c-store ones you got with the Legacy pack.

There was no need to delete the char in question.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Starfleet Veteran
# 3 >>>
06-29-2013, 08:01 AM
Hi Sir,

...and discard the standard ship for one of the C-Store ones..

I still don't understand ; what has the C-Store to do with it please ?

Thanks in advance for your answers !

Allfather
Lord of Destruction - Allfather - Holy Lamb of Knowledge - Commander of the 7 Nation Army - The Victory Sire
Career Officer
# 4
06-29-2013, 08:10 AM
The boxes you receive from the Legacy-pack can be discarded the second you redeem the legacy pack and they clutter up your inventory.

The reason for this, is that you can save inventory space that way, as you can at all times re-claim any ship included in that purchase.

However, opening one of those boxes will not count towards the "Claim new ship" element of the promotion missions even if claimed through the ship vendor (reasons are unknown to me).
Basically, as I understand it, this is where you are stuck.

You HAVE to claim a stock ship from the vendor for the mission to proceed. Once that is done, you can discard it again, and then claim the ship you actually want to fly from the C-Store.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Captain
# 5
06-29-2013, 10:39 AM
The LoR Bundle is just that. It's a Bundle is individual things that you can get in the C-Store. If you can to claim one of the Bundle items individually, you can go into the C-Store in game and select that item. It's will say "Available" instead of Buy button. For shhips, you can also use the Ship Vendor in any Shipyard. Select one of the LoR C-Store ships and you'll be able to get it for 0 cost. And as the 2nd poster pointed out, the getting the Subcommander c-Store ships will not advance, the "Subcommander Promotion" mission. You have to get the free basic ships from the Ship Vendor. It's not an issue for anuy other promotion missions.
Republic Veteran
# 6
06-29-2013, 07:17 PM
If you got the LOR Bundle, and you claim the Scorpion Fighter right away it prevents you from having enough ships slots to claim the standard ships, which you need to do to rank up.

Since you aren't going to use the standard ship, you can dismiss it right after you claim it.

You can dismiss any Bundle Ship then reclaim them separately in the C-Store later if you run out of slots and cannot claim a standard ship.