Lt. Commander
# 21
06-29-2013, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angarus1 View Post
Hmm, I don't get this spam on my alternate tabs, even on my Romulan. O.o

Be sure to disable local chat.
Local chat doesn't disable Emotes. At least on my characters. Doesn't do so in any channel but NPC and Combat, either.
- Disgruntled 1000+ day Champions Online subscriber.
- GIVE US OUR DEVS BACK!
Empire Veteran
# 22
06-29-2013, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angarus1 View Post
Hmm, I don't get this spam on my alternate tabs, even on my Romulan. O.o

Be sure to disable local chat.

local chat is used for communications a lot, at least by me and many others. RPers also use local often. Also this isn't a solution anyway
House of Sigma (channel KDFdefera for PvE requiring only KDF teams) List of KDF issues [my in-game handle @bootymcboots] (channel KDF Empire for KDF orientated discussion - still in development/growing)
Survivor of Romulus
# 23
06-29-2013, 10:32 AM
Have you made an additional tab yet?
Career Officer
# 24
06-29-2013, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneyeper View Post
Some fleeties and I tried to find a way to prevent creating the emote spam.

We teamed up and spammed team chat to receive a 2 minute mute (just say the same thing 7 times in very quick succession) - that then allowed us to dance for 2 minutes without spamming our dance emotes. Unfortunately, we all eventually received 24 hour mutes and were apparently flagged as spammers. I cant wait for customer service to contact us and to try to explain how we got flagged as spammers ... while trying to prevent spam On the upshot though you won't be seeing my dance emotes for the next 12 hours or so!

The irony......
So your solution to stop spam was to engage in spamming and thus got hit with the 24 hr chatban, and you think CS owes you an explanation?

Bwahahahahahahahaha!

I'd be surprised if they even bothered to reply.
Empire Veteran
# 25
06-29-2013, 10:46 AM
Emote is its own category. The checkbox for it was removed with the release of LoR. Also the category Minigame was removed and probably more. Bug reports are ignored so just try to live with it.

Accolades checklist.
Broken accolades... too many to keep track of.
Zorgun is dead!
Captain
# 26
06-29-2013, 11:31 AM
Sadly there used to be a way to turn off Emotes by unchecking a box in chat settings. It was removed with the LOR UI update. My old characters that had it unchecked before are fine, but new ones are stuck with spam. All we need is one friggin check box put back.
Career Officer
# 27
06-29-2013, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
Sadly there used to be a way to turn off Emotes by unchecking a box in chat settings. It was removed with the LOR UI update. My old characters that had it unchecked before are fine, but new ones are stuck with spam. All we need is one friggin check box put back.
Not sure if you'll also get this to work but I saved my Fed characters UI setting in the HUD section of the options and loaded them on my Romulan. My original character had Emotes disabled before LoR and after loading the UI settings my Romulan does too. It's been patchy for me (only worked on 3 of the 4 Romulan's I've levelled) but it may help.
Concessimus etiam omnibus liberis hominibus regni nostri, et dedit pro nobis et heredibus nostris in perpetuum, quibus libertates subscriptas, habendas et tenendas eis et heredibus suis de nobis et heredibus nostris in perpetuum.
Ensign
# 28
06-29-2013, 12:39 PM
Found a good way to turn off emotes.

Go to the NPC tab and enable all the chat you want to show up in there.

It never shows the emotes.

I'm using the NPC tab as my default while on Risa.
Lieutenant
# 29
06-29-2013, 03:01 PM
It makes being on Risa even more annoying.

Grrrr!
Ensign
# 30
06-29-2013, 03:40 PM
This was either intentional (and very annoying), or its a bug. I'm hoping its a bug... but the Risa spam is very bothersome. You cant even chat in any tab because the screen scrolls with so much Dabo/Dance spam.