Empire Veteran
I haven't seen much NWS activity lately among the usual players so I'm asking here.

I've been trying to help a team with NWS on FED side over the past 4 days. They have struggled for 5 months despite being a perfect wave 10 team. They're even better than the team I was on when we beat NWS on federation side for the first time in December last year.
We clear the first 9 waves with no issues in less than 15 minutes but in wave 10 something has changed. I have always been able to clear the ships on my flank before the first wave of torpedoes reach me, but no longer so. Now 2-4 ships always remain and the other flanks have the exact same experience. Torpedoes seem to hit harder, ships seems more damage resistant and more ship types seem to have gotten the EPtE buff. Has anyone else noticed this on federation side over the past couple of days or is it just in my mind? Starting to get slightly frustrated here since I know this team can beat it.

With the many stealth changes and game breaking bugs lately I can no longer trust that the game is working as intended nor can I trust that the stats written on my gear represents the truth...
Empire Veteran
# 2
07-18-2013, 08:55 PM
Well there was talk that the bios got a stealth upgrade. Like they got harder to hit or something. Not sure though. When I finally got my fed to beat it I also didn't get my side fully beaten until the warheads had already came. Of course my ship didn't have MK XII purples on everything.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Commander
Empire Veteran
# 4
07-19-2013, 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkrik23 View Post
Well there was talk that the bios got a stealth upgrade. Like they got harder to hit or something. Not sure though. When I finally got my fed to beat it I also didn't get my side fully beaten until the warheads had already came. Of course my ship didn't have MK XII purples on everything.
I notice that the warheads fire very hard again. My hull is melting away despite keeping my shields fully up with RSP, TT and Valdore console. Still I should be able to take out the ships unless they too were buffed somehow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asardetemplari View Post
I can't even get past wave 6, much less fight wave 10 O.o
This mission isn't all about dps, even though you have to be able to push out a rather decent amount of it and do AoE damage (killing one ship at at time won't do it). But the most important thing is team communication. You have to inform the rest of your team instantly when something goes wrong on your flank so someone can come and help, otherwise your teammates will be hit from behind and die quickly. From wave 6-7 and up you have to start saving a ship, heal the transport if necessary and wait for everyone's cooldowns to disappear before proceeding to the next wave. This means a lot of team communication and that's why pugs have a problem here. Voice communication helps tremendously. And in the final phase of wave 10, with 16 elite warheads inbound, it's vital to inform the rest of the team of the position of any remaining ship you spot. You literally only have seconds to focus fire and take them out before being overwhelmed by warheads. But practice with the same group of people a dozen times or so and you will learn to trust eachother and beating wave 9 will become a routine task.
Empire Veteran
# 5
07-19-2013, 09:19 AM
I did a run with my regular players and beat it. Couldn't see anything out of the ordinary in the combatlog so I'll assume everything is working as usual.
http://pp.dyndns.biz/nws/fed-win-rom...20130719-1.png
Wave 10 is beaten in 34 seconds so I'll just have to check with the other team that all abilities/skills/traits/reputation stuff are optimally selected for NWS. A common mistake is to be too far away from you enemies while using energy weapons so I'll have to check that too.