Lieutenant
I have had, for a long time, an intermittent problem that seems to be getting worse. It happens across multiple toons and I was wondering who else has seen this. This is primarily ground movement though I've seen something similar in space, just less often.

This *may* have to do with re-binding keys, so you might never have seen it using the default keys.

In some circumstances, some of the time, the movement keys do nothing, either for several seconds, until you move out of an area (using the mouse two-button move), or until you clear a message or interaction button pop-up.

It happens when entering a new zone/area, or when you approach and stop inside the zone that triggers a conversation or interaction message. It has happened a lot during the Horgh'an hunt on Risa, for example, you move close to one of the items and the "collect" message pops up, and the direction keys stop working until you start the collection or move out of the zone using the mouse-move.

There is no set percentage but say it happens 10-20% of the time. Enough to drive me bonkers, anyway.

The movement keys have been remapped to the arrow keys and other commands mapped in an arc around them. My left hand doesn't "like" WSAD, for some reason, it feels clumsier and my fingers and wrist get sore faster that way.

I thought at first it was intercepting the "arrow key" signal when the dialog popped up, but why would the game do that 10-20% of the time?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-24-2013, 09:59 PM
I sometimes get this when i get in range of an npc that has a interact popup (no movement control after interaction button pops up and have to use mouse to move away), and nearly any time i open my inventory while moving (can't stop moving unless I use the dbl mouse button method).

Not sure what causes it, but it can get irritating really fast.
Lieutenant
# 3
07-25-2013, 01:57 AM
Do you use default keys or have you re-mapped them?
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-25-2013, 09:31 AM
Remapped movement for ground. I'll default ground after the patch and see if the problem still happens, though my guess is it will lol.
Captain
# 5
07-25-2013, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpc2011a View Post
I sometimes get this when i get in range of an npc that has a interact popup (no movement control after interaction button pops up and have to use mouse to move away), and nearly any time i open my inventory while moving (can't stop moving unless I use the dbl mouse button method).

Not sure what causes it, but it can get irritating really fast.
When i open my inventory when running and lose control i just do a mouse click in the middle of the screen and control goes back to my character. Have you all tried just clicking on a random spot?
Lieutenant
# 6
07-26-2013, 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetwtf View Post
When i open my inventory when running and lose control i just do a mouse click in the middle of the screen and control goes back to my character. Have you all tried just clicking on a random spot?
Yes, and no, it didn't work, and if it did it would still be an interruption to movement controls.

It also seems to be happening more often now than it did just last week.