Career Officer
# 1 The UI Memory is Terrible
06-28-2013, 10:18 PM
Since LoR went live, the UI has been horrible with remembering BOFF positions (and forgetting them if you never change them) and deleting saved positions on the UI.

Even worse, the new UI does not at all remember Device Slot positions at all and you have to go fiddeling around in the power tray to drag them to the spot. Which with Risa is a major pain that you having to do this everytime you go to get a new rental, or if you are using a different tribble to buff up.

Cat, I really hope you are going to fix this. Because it's frustrating having to spend time fixing things everytime you zone or change devices.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
07-01-2013, 03:42 PM
I too am seeing this problem alot, if not on my boff tray, rather in Doff related places, though I 'did' lose my powers, on my ship power tray one time, after leaving New Rommy from an eppoh hunt. I fully lay blame on this, for my missing bridge crew, replaced by too many male bolians. Can we stop catering to impatient players wanting more favors, and FIX this bloody problem? Dear god preserve.
Commander
# 3
07-01-2013, 06:25 PM
Me too i have to manage the UI/Boffs a few times a day ...

Subscribed For: 1600+ Days
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
07-02-2013, 03:36 AM
It happens at the worst time too, I dont change my boff tray around either. It just pukes and my boffs are gone, rarely, but weekly, when I warp into stfs and pvp matches. These are not the times to have to redo these types of things.

Also I have found that swapping from fighter to cruiser is just impossible because of this. I like the atmospheric mission but can't play it if I want to avoid reassigning my boffs every time I return to my cruiser.
Ensign
# 5
07-21-2013, 01:55 PM
its not only annoying for that but for when you do Reputation as well when you put in Large power cells or Hypos and shields it takes it off your device slot instead of out of ya inventory first meaning you have to place a new lot on ya device slots and then re add them to the hot key every time.
Ensign
# 6
07-25-2013, 04:16 AM
Having a problem with my Action Bar too. On my romulan character, every time it loads up a space battle, or just a space based section of the game, my action bar gets filled with attack abilities (same ones as on the actual weapons section to the left). This happens even if i lock the taskbar and its getting tedious having to remove them every time.

Is there a way to stop it as it doesn't happen on my Federation character.
Captain
# 7
07-25-2013, 08:27 AM
Don't know about the whole "mixing things up" hotbar issue, that's a new one to me. But the missing boffs/boff powers, powers resetting, and department heads disappearing, can be reset, and stay fixed if you do this:
1: Go to your ship's <STATIONS> tab
2:Set ALL position on your ship to NONE
3: After all are NONE, then go ahead and put your chosen officers into the positions you want.
4: If you've had the disappearing dept head issue, then go to your BOFF assignment window, switch to the dept head tab, and set up your dept heads again, to how you want it.

I got this info from another thread (can't remember which), fixed multiple issues on my Fed Tac, Klin Sci, and Fed, Sci. (Weirdly, never experienced it on my Rom/Fed). Also, told someone in chat (And two others were lsitening, and reported back to me), this procedure. All 3 people told me it fixed their problems.
And from what I also read, if you decide to CHANGE your boff assings in the future, redo this process, before setting the changed line-up, empty out the boff stations. That should prevent the issue from cropping back up. (Damn boffs getting too attached to their old assignments, or just not wanting to do them, lol)
Good luck to ye, let me know if this worked for you as well.

butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
Temperance Brennan, "A building"