Lt. Commander
# 11
01-24-2010, 05:38 PM
I never played WOW. Just was not interested. I will say this though. Every game goes through beta. This is the companies chance to fix all the issues that they did not find in closed beta. It has to be done. Rather then *****in about it just sit back and play and report bugs when you find then. You know help them out. The whole reason for beta. Even when it goes live you just know that most of the bugs are fixed but some will still be there. They are doing the best they can. I have played several betas and this is just the way it goes. The crying gets you know where. Just let it ride. If you are not sure that you can handle these issues then don't play. Stop play beta and come back in a month or so. Grow up or go back to your consol games where all the bugs are worked out before they people touch them.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-24-2010, 06:10 PM
Fair enough, the OP was a bit of a whinger, along with too many others so far.

He was also though, like you testify to, a (stereo-) typical modern MMO gamer.
What I'm getting at is that MMO's have now got to be er....born..... kinda like teenagers if you will, still a bit flighty and buggy yet more stable and toilet trained than your average rugrat. Most MMO's released recently (***, WAR etc) have seemed barely infants and couldn't stand on their own legs as such and so they failed.

At the moment, it seems to me that STO hasn't quite reached it's gestation period, It's slightly premature. But, Cryptic has a week to prevent any major catastrophes..... Double the order for new server blades is what I'm saying to them, or order a new west coast server and an EU one, ok it may be expensive, but not as expensive as a failed / crashed launch. They have admited themselves that the uptake of keys for OB way exceded their expectations so why not launch ?

Be prepared !! Splash the cash and take us into the future with a fighting chance.

Slainté.