Lt. Commander
Hey gang,

We noticed a couple of threads floating around the forums stating that we were charging our Canadian fans too much for the lifetime and one year subscription offers that are currently available. We looked into this, and you all are correct. We're going to reduce the price on these two special offers for Canadian residents only, to bring it more in line with what we're charging the rest of the world. These changes will not affect any other subscription prices.

The new prices are:

Lifetime: $251.99 CAD
One Year: $125.99 CAD

Any Canadian users who have already purchased one of these packages will automatically be refunded the difference, and should notice the funds have been refunded on their credit card statements in about 7-10 business days.

Thank you all for pointing this out to us, and we're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-22-2010, 03:32 PM
WOW! Thanks!... I have a new found respect for Cryptic that I've never had for any other MMO company.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-22-2010, 03:32 PM
GOod to see you sorted the canadian out.

Just hoping that you dont lose too many EU customers with your pricing, as you matched other MMO prices but that is before VAT. So turns out your a couple of quid a month more the normal cost and already know a couple people that said "Thanks, but no thanks".

If wasnt for the VAT i would already get the LT offer... but because im honest about my location Im being charged more then my friends that didnt set their locations and thus just paying the US $ price and not getting charged the VAT.

CAn you explain why you allowing this happen? Feel you should be more on the ball (get peoples billing address to charge the vat) else it seem it just putting more money in your pocket and your not sending the tax payments on your accounts
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-22-2010, 03:34 PM
Not only are they doing this to be fair and honest but Cryptic studios is fully aware of the number of Hockey players in Canada and its proximity to the USA.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-22-2010, 03:37 PM
Pleasantly surprised <------

Nice work Cryptic, I have renewed faith in putting in my 12 month sub. Maybe I would have considered a lifetime instead at that price though... ahh nevermind I won't look a gift horse in the mouth.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-22-2010, 03:37 PM
Well played, sir. Well played.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-22-2010, 03:51 PM
Great find and fix, Cryptic. I am not Canadian, but it is good to see you looking out and taking care of your customers.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-22-2010, 03:59 PM
Fantastic news. Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-22-2010, 04:00 PM
I just bought my lifetime membership before even reading this. I was pleasantly surprised as I expected to be charged about 275.
Lt. Commander
# 10 Thanks Cryptic!
01-22-2010, 04:08 PM
Great news, and I had already ordered the Lifetime membership, glad to see that there will be a small refund!