Ensign
# 1 make fleet cities
06-30-2013, 06:43 AM
do you are bored by the starbase? do you want to make in STO a thing like Empire Earth? how do u think to a fleet planet where u can mix MC, AOE and STO? or you prefer starbases? subscribe with a comment
- francysol2c
Captain
# 2
06-30-2013, 06:45 AM
what Op is suggesting is so not trek like. So I will keep starbases thank you
NO TO ARC
Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
06-30-2013, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robeasom View Post
what Op is suggesting is so not trek like. So I will keep starbases thank you
Actually the basis of what they are suggesting isn't all that bad. A ground base or "fleet city" as the Op put it isn't outside of Star Trek. We've seen colonies/ ground bases before in Star Trek so why couldn't there be one that is too far from the normal Starbase building supply lines that a fleet uses for deep space exploration.

It could be placed in one of the clusters and house medical facilities, essential services, Research and Development, training facilities, Recreational facilities, and fleet barracks. It could be the center for fleet diplomatic missions, first contact missions, exploration missions, uncharted space PVE, non-Borg STF, even perhaps make one of the other clusters a persistent territory control pvp like some have been asking for.

Not all bases of operations are solely space based.
Commander
# 4
06-30-2013, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicesdark View Post
Actually the basis of what they are suggesting isn't all that bad. A ground base or "fleet city" as the Op put it isn't outside of Star Trek. We've seen colonies/ ground bases before in Star Trek so why couldn't there be one that is too far from the normal Starbase building supply lines that a fleet uses for deep space exploration.

It could be placed in one of the clusters and house medical facilities, essential services, Research and Development, training facilities, Recreational facilities, and fleet barracks. It could be the center for fleet diplomatic missions, first contact missions, exploration missions, uncharted space PVE, non-Borg STF, even perhaps make one of the other clusters a persistent territory control pvp like some have been asking for.

Not all bases of operations are solely space based.
That big planet next to the dil' mine would be a good place for it. I'm a bit so so on this idea. I love the starbase I love the embassy and I've yet to explore the dil' mine (except for its space area), I would like to see homeworlds of all playable races expanded on, or even home towns, could be an interesting idea.

EDIT: The Special Task Force do more than just Borg?

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
06-30-2013, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by irwin109 View Post
That big planet next to the dil' mine would be a good place for it. I'm a bit so so on this idea. I love the starbase I love the embassy and I've yet to explore the dil' mine (except for its space area), I would like to see homeworlds of all playable races expanded on, or even home towns, could be an interesting idea.

EDIT: The Special Task Force do more than just Borg?
Why not? We have the Tholians, Borg, Elachi, Iconians, Tal shiar, Undine, all creating havoc so why not expand the Special Task Force to encompass all extreme threats to the STF alliance? There's always someone looking to take advantage of a situation.
Commander
# 6
07-01-2013, 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicesdark View Post
Why not? We have the Tholians, Borg, Elachi, Iconians, Tal shiar, Undine, all creating havoc so why not expand the Special Task Force to encompass all extreme threats to the STF alliance? There's always someone looking to take advantage of a situation.
Makes sense, I just thought the STF was purely to fight the Borg threat.

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan