Career Officer
# 21
07-01-2013, 07:43 AM
The mods are good folks.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Career Officer
# 22
07-01-2013, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
Which is why opvp is pretty hands off except for the occasional "go to the corner and think about what you did" situations.

There's even fewer bannings except in extreme situations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
The mods are good folks.

Yeah, I'd say that even with all of the drama, explosions, arguments, etc (which sometimes is needed, tbh) that the channel itself is lucky to have a pretty diverse group (variety of fleets/players) of mods who rarely exercise their powers and generally take a neutral approach to moderation.

Captain
# 23
07-01-2013, 08:41 AM
I hope you succeed Pascalb1, less drama and more PVP is what the hole community needs.

Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com

Last edited by cerritourug; 07-01-2013 at 09:14 AM.
Commander
# 24
07-01-2013, 08:45 AM
The fact that this is becoming a oPvP thread is why I'm looking forward to checking out PPC. Not that I want to dis oPvP, but it is rather chatty and troll infested as OP mentioned. Just sayin.

If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting. ~thlaylierah
So realistically, you only need to have the exact number of doffs that you need. ~leadme2kirk
Career Officer
# 25
07-01-2013, 08:57 AM
This reminds me of the various "NewOPVP" and "NewNewOPVP" attempts that we have seen over the years... is any of these channels still alive?
http://hilbertguide.com
Captain
# 26
07-01-2013, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
This reminds me of the various "NewOPVP" and "NewNewOPVP" attempts that we have seen over the years... is any of these channels still alive?
Yeah but it's just me and Mikey making "That's what she said" jokes after everything people say in OPVP.
Empire Veteran
# 27
07-01-2013, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Is NewOPvP and NewNewOPvP like New Coke and Crystal Pepsi?

Last edited by mimey2; 07-01-2013 at 09:44 AM.
Career Officer
# 28
07-01-2013, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Is NewOPvP and NewNewOPvP like New Coke and Crystal Pepsi?
Where d'ya think Coke Zero came from?
Captain
# 29
07-01-2013, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post
Where d'ya think Coke Zero came from?
now that this has devolved into a soda pop thread ill declare it unhealthy for the masses!

drink up!
Quote:
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
# 30
07-01-2013, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
now that this has devolved into a soda pop thread ill declare it unhealthy for the masses!

drink up!
Coke Zero > Pepsi MAX...just saying. Though, I prefer Diet Mountain Dew. I don't care that Pepsi MAX supposedly has more caffeine, there's just something about it that it isn't metabolized in the same manner as Diet Mountain Dew. Coke Zero, oddly enough, which should have much less than Pepsi MAX appears to work better in that sense.

Course, that being said...one might say that a discussion of various carbonated beverages would be chatty and detracting from the issue of creating a place where folks feel welcome to organize and participate in PvP...again, it comes down to those participating in PvP still being human.

The more I read the original post, the more confused I become in reading it...because the more it appears to contradict what was said later.

Quote:
[b]Hi guys,

welcome to Project: PvP Community. What is PPC? PPC is a place to meet up with friends and enjoy PvP on a daily basis. You will meet new people from other fleets, you might learn new techniques and have fun while rules you create in that moment ensure that you enjoy playing the game. So you don't need to worry about finding any players or that you run into a premade what you know allready. It is just about having fun, enjoy the game and maybe even participate in a tournament with your new buddies. Every week this project will be hosted by another fleet. So prepare to battle!
Just do it without...being chatty. Don't get to know the folks. Just have fun killing and being killed by the other automatons out there...meh, it's kind of an anti-community thing the more and more I read it.

I mean, just reading that part - kind of reads like what OPvP's for, eh? There's nothing in it about not being chatty - that comes in a later post.

Which does get into the whole NewOPvP discussion...and ugh, why did folks have to remind me of Crystal Pepsi? Lol...then again, what's the new, new, new, new Pepsi? Oh yeah, Pepsi NEXT! Hrmmm, I'd rather have a Dr. Pepper TEN. /facepalm

But yeah, anyway...if folks are honestly dissatisfied with OPvP, I wish them all the best with PPC.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin