Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Hello, I would just like to make you guys aware of my problem. It goes like this; I was on K-7 and I got my orders and such, then I beamed to my ship, or so I thought. I beamed up, and spawned in as a human model, no ship. But the funny part was is that the game thought it was like a ground level, meaning I literally dropped and landed on an asteroid and took damage.

Just thought I would point this bug out.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-22-2010, 04:34 PM
Cool bug. I want to fall thru space too.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-22-2010, 04:35 PM
That just happened to me when exiting "Bridge" mode into Sector space. I fell the "floor" of sector space and took damage equal to ~1/3 of my captain's hit points.

I waited for about 5 min for my avatar to swap to ship but it didn't happen. So I tried logging out and back in but now I get stuck at "Retrieving list of characters".
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-22-2010, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch105 View Post
Hello, I would just like to make you guys aware of my problem. It goes like this; I was on K-7 and I got my orders and such, then I beamed to my ship, or so I thought. I beamed up, and spawned in as a human model, no ship. But the funny part was is that the game thought it was like a ground level, meaning I literally dropped and landed on an asteroid and took damage.

Just thought I would point this bug out.
That happened to me at earth dock. its funny the first time it happens but quickly gets annoying after a few away missions.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-22-2010, 04:42 PM
Yes quite funny until your sitting there wondering if you stopped falling.. Now I can't log back in due to lack of character retrieval.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-22-2010, 04:54 PM
"HOLOGRAM OVERBOARD!" - The Doctor, Basics Part 1

Yeah there is a bug that occurs when beaming, at any time, you can appear as a ship on the ground, or as a Biped in space.
This bug can easily be refered to as either the Shrinking subspace anomally discovered on DS9 episodes. (forgot which episode)
OR
as my quote just stated, The Doctor being materialised outside the ship on VOY S2E26 - Basic's Part 1

The joys of beta.