Career Officer
That is the question.

Batman will get a redoing again if Justice League is made.

Who could actually play him?
Should he get his own new movie eventually?
Should this Batman stay exclusive to Justice League Movies and crossovers in Superman?
If he gets a movie, who should be the villain?

I have my answers to these questions but I want to see what other people say first.
Captain
# 2
07-01-2013, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixhex View Post
That is the question.

Batman will get a redoing again if Justice League is made.

Who could actually play him?
Should he get his own new movie eventually?
Should this Batman stay exclusive to Justice League Movies and crossovers in Superman?
If he gets a movie, who should be the villain?

I have my answers to these questions but I want to see what other people say first.
Adam West's clone son.

This is Hollywood. It'll be rebooted next week.

If the plan is to clone Marvel, clone Marvel.

Someone he'll kill despite having a number of different options because Hollywood knows the audience is bloodthirsty and movies are their version of bread an circuses.
# 3
07-01-2013, 10:41 AM
I think he should definitely get his own movie, but it should be a continuation of the Nolan Batmans with Joseph Gordon Levitt's character taking over as Batman. It should be all about his mental and physical struggle with taking over the role, which would be much more difficult with him not being trained by Ras Al Ghul.

I'd had a thought the other day that Jackie Earl Haley would make a cool Riddler. Keeping with the (somewhat) grounded and realistic approach of the Nolan films, it would be an opportunity to put a different stamp on the character.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Captain
# 4
07-01-2013, 10:43 AM
Your kidding right he will be useless as Batman I believe someone else should take over the batman directing as apart from the Joker the Dark Knight franchise was boring especially the last movie IMO
NO TO ARC
Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
Captain
# 5
07-01-2013, 10:45 AM
8man, of course he already is.

(I wonder how many will get this reference)
Former Star Trek Online Player
Career Officer
# 6
07-01-2013, 12:35 PM
I think Karl Urban should be the guy to play Batman. I saw him in Dredd, he has the ability to wear a mask and exude emotion. He has the voice for it and the build. He would be great. He has that alpha male thing going on that the nest Batman needs to bring to the table if he is going to be sitting down with Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, etc.

I think he should get his own movie but only after the Justice League movie. So that means another Man of Steel, maybe a Wonder Woman movie, Green Lantern, and Flash. That doesn't mean he can't appear in any of these, as Bruce Wayne or Batman though.

I am behind the idea of the next Batman villain being a character not seen on in a movie yet. No Joker, Riddler, Two Face, Bane, Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, Penguin.

There are other big time villains Batman can face in a new movie such as...

Hush
Doctor Hurt - Look this guy up
Man Bat
Hugo Strange
Calendar Man
Clayface
Killer Croc
Black Mask

There has to be another Batman movie with Karl Urban among those names
Cryptic Studios Team
# 7
07-01-2013, 12:53 PM
The next Batman should be Terry McGinnis.

Oh the things I would do to have a good live action Batman Beyond movie...
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-01-2013, 12:54 PM
The next Batman should be that we wait until Christian Bale is in his mid 50's and make the Dark Knight Returns. And yes, that does mean it ends with a punch-up with Superman.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
07-01-2013, 01:01 PM
The next Batman will be even darker. Gotham City is a post-apocalyptic dystopia. The Bat has been driven to become a maddened serial-killer in a futile attempt to "stop crime." The Joker after witnessing the collapse of civilization is temporarily forced back to reason, and must become a hero while fighting off his own insanity.

To dark?

@greendragoon
Commander
# 10
07-01-2013, 01:04 PM
I think the entire movie should be from Gordon's perspective.

Never show Batman as anything but Batman. Never show him sitting alone as Bruce Wayne or doing all the behind-the-scenes stuff.

Present him, start to finish, as he would be perceived by Gordon and by Gotham City.

It's not like the audience doesn't know his backstory. So let them have some wink-wink moments involving Bruce Wayne, but never just show it outright.

And maybe let Gordon figure it out, but decide to never mention it, even to Batman.

I think it would be neat to show Batman as the mysterious figure he is in the eyes of Gotham.