Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 28
well this is not entirely true as there is a fleet ship but at tier 5 shipyard.
when i think of the romulans the two words which come to mind first is stealth and science. i started and completed 2 new romulan toons a tac and a science captain. granted i should of looked before jumping into my science career but now i am stuck with no end line vice admiral ship or c store ship. waiting for my fleet to complete tier 5 shipyard, well keep dreaming.
the thing that gets me is there are various choices for tacs and engineers but not 1 option for science and i do love flying my romulan sci toon. any of you science captains disappointed as much as i am out there?
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,887
# 2
07-01-2013, 11:15 AM
Don't need a fleet...

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Ha%27nom_Guardian_Warbird
http://sto.gamepedia.com/Mirror_Univ...ardian_Warbird

Not to mention you don't have to pilot a Science ship with a Science captain...
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 24
# 3
07-01-2013, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
Don't need a fleet...

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Ha%27nom_Guardian_Warbird
http://sto.gamepedia.com/Mirror_Univ...ardian_Warbird

Not to mention you don't have to pilot a Science ship with a Science captain...
This is true the Ha'nom is a T5 End game ship. Which you can get for free at lvl40 aka Subadmiral 1 (RA).

T5 or End Game ships all start at lvl40 not the lvl point (VA) the VA ones are just the Expensive Cstore gimmick console ships or the Advanced fleet ships that still need Zen or losts of EC for the Mods
Member Since June 2009
Commander
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 335
# 4
07-02-2013, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
Not to mention you don't have to pilot a Science ship with a Science captain...
That's just plain daft. Of course science players don't "have to" pilot science ships. They also, while we're stating the blindingly obvious, don't have to play this game.

Is it really so difficult for you to understand that players who choose science as a career WANT to pilot science ships?
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 357
# 5
07-02-2013, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnoukh View Post
That's just plain daft. Of course science players don't "have to" pilot science ships. They also, while we're stating the blindingly obvious, don't have to play this game.

Is it really so difficult for you to understand that players who choose science as a career WANT to pilot science ships?
Is it really so difficult for you to understand that not all Sci players WANT to fly science ships?

Look, I agree that the Romulans need more ship selection in general, and Science ships specifically. That doesn't mean you can't fly something else until a good Sci ship comes out.
____
Keep calm, and continue firing photon torpedoes.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,941
# 6
07-02-2013, 08:07 AM
5 sci console scimitar coming + it can accomodate 6 sci boffs too...i think you got what you wanted.
i think the roms have a few very, very good sci hybrid ships...a pure carrier could/should fill a gap they currently kind of have.

anyway, your sci captain is much better off in such a sci hybrid or pure tac ship...the sci captain in pure science ship combination is only worthwile in PVP with massive drain and crowd control imho. in PVE this combo simply sucks, but a sci in a tac heavy ship actually kicks ass, both PVP and PVE, and thats not an opinion...just a fact.
Go pro or go home
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 28
# 7
07-03-2013, 10:19 AM
yes i prefer running science captains with science ships. i usually keep it career specific as you loose out in the end if you miss match ships to careers. i want my science captain to do what he does best SCIENCE. unlike most who only care about dps i understand that science ships play a pure support role which i find more entertaining than just blowing stuff up.
however i agree play the way you want and i have found some of the hybrid ships amazing such as the breen ship which makes a great tac ship. i actually prefer that ship over my qin raptor or fleet defiant.
yeah i will definitely be purchasing the scimitar and hopefully it will fix this science ship problem.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,329
# 8
07-03-2013, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnoukh View Post
That's just plain daft. Of course science players don't "have to" pilot science ships. They also, while we're stating the blindingly obvious, don't have to play this game.

Is it really so difficult for you to understand that players who choose science as a career WANT to pilot science ships?
Excuse me my Fed is a science captain and he doesnt fly a science ship if anything a MU star Cruiser is more engineering based ship. Quite Frankly I don't really fancy the oddy,vesta or andorian ships and can't stand the Intrepid. And the Star Cruiser my play style fine.
NO TO ARC
Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 998
# 9
07-03-2013, 10:38 AM
If they really wanted to do something unique for the Roms I would of had a Universal Cmdr. and Lt.Cmdr., Lt. Engi., Lt. Sci. and Ensign Tac. This would have created a very flexible and unique ship.
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?
Survivor of Remus
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 310
# 10
07-03-2013, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipmonitor View Post
well this is not entirely true as there is a fleet ship but at tier 5 shipyard.
when i think of the romulans the two words which come to mind first is stealth and science. i started and completed 2 new romulan toons a tac and a science captain. granted i should of looked before jumping into my science career but now i am stuck with no end line vice admiral ship or c store ship. waiting for my fleet to complete tier 5 shipyard, well keep dreaming.
the thing that gets me is there are various choices for tacs and engineers but not 1 option for science and i do love flying my romulan sci toon. any of you science captains disappointed as much as i am out there?
I don't understand. If you are so desperate for a science ship, why not just fly the Ha'nom Guardian?
The fleet upgrade is just 10% hull and shields and 1 console slot. While I agree the fleet bonuses are nice, they are by no means essential and you can run your T5 Ha'nom just fine.

No offence but your "I don't care about power gaming I just want to do space magic (science)" doesn't hold water if you aren't willing to give up a small amount of optimization for it.

Last edited by originpi; 07-03-2013 at 10:46 AM.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:40 AM.