Survivor of Romulus
# 481
07-02-2013, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by embrosil View Post
No, Steam can do it fast. I just got to the game two days ago after 2 years. And what I see? The same idiotic downtime for Europe and USA at the same time. So yes, only a monkey could come with this.
um..... the game is on ONE SERVER.... kinda hard to take it down for two seperate time zones at two different times.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Captain
# 482
07-02-2013, 12:07 PM
I am frustrated by the maintenance as everyone else is, but you also have to realize it is not always patch maintenance.

They may need to replace some hardware. Or possibly something with the network itself.

It is not always a patch. Heck they may have had the patch installed got the servers back up and then found a hardware issue.

I have seen this myself in the Information Technology field. You get the patch installed and then there is a hardware problem. Sometimes those problems are not an easy fix.

Hard to say not knowing what's going on and not a word from anyone which doesn't surprise me.
Empire Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by embrosil View Post
No, Steam can do it fast. I just got to the game two days ago after 2 years. And what I see? The same idiotic downtime for Europe and USA at the same time. So yes, only a monkey could come with this.
I know you think you could do better but I do not believe cryptic would hire you.
Career Officer
# 484
07-02-2013, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajma420 View Post
a second is one thing, 2 hours is another
That's not the point, and it doesn't change the fact that a lot of the posts being made at the moment are childish and insulting.
Seriously - anyone would think that two hours GAME downtime was a death sentence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Career Officer
# 485
Oh Cryptic, what did you break this time?
@HyperLimited - Join Date: Oct 2009 - My Youtube Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinn74 View Post
Maybe if the expansion was as great as they claim, people wouldn't be anywhere near Japori. Just sayin'.
Lieutenant
# 486
Eh... Just these things for 5 hours... Well, I don't think it's worth it but if you've kept Scimitar as a ''surprise'', maybe that's good. But more 2 hours? This is not good...
Captain
# 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by alteri1 View Post
another hour? Can't cryptic do this kinda thing when it is not peak times, i just lost half a day i could be playing because of this maintence
You are aware that there are different times around the world?
Commander
# 488
I broke the forums.
this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.

LLAP, everyone.
Ensign
# 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorfunke1 View Post
at least the forum is still up...
Don't jynx us man
Career Officer
# 490
07-02-2013, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarxidejacko View Post
Can not wait for people with "i only have 10 minutes of STO to play in day/week/year in this exact time so i can not do Flying Hight on time Q_Q so gimmi it nau for free or i will RAGE" to show up, or did i miss few of them ?
I think a few got past, along with the people who don't know when EU prime time is and assume it's when they're online...

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
Closed Thread