Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Romulan Flotilla
Login

Captain
OK thought Id get tha ball rolling. What sort of builds are you planning for this babe of a ship. Lets see your stuff to make the whiners scream OP all the more!

Im planning a Keratt ambusher. Cloaking mines trap prey nuke em till they glow.
Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo...
Lieutenant
# 2
07-01-2013, 05:26 PM
I was thinking about making a torpedo boat. Blasting torpedoes while cloaked is too much fun to pass up.

Also the two set bonus of Rapid Maneuvering Thrusters looks good. I will have to see if that is better then the RCS console by itself.

Last edited by veritech05; 07-01-2013 at 05:29 PM.
Commander
# 3
07-01-2013, 05:44 PM
Its turn rate is too low for DHCs, but it has 5x forward armaments. And it just so happens that 5x DBBs does more damage than 6x beam arrays.

...so I'm gonna try and turn it into an effective DBB ship.

Weapon Loadout:
5x antiproton DBBs
1x KCB
2x antiproton turrets

BOFF Seating:
Commander: Tac Team, APD1, FAW3, APO3
Uni. Ensign: EPtA
Uni. Lt. Commander: EPtE, Aux2Bat, RSP
Lieutenant: EPtS, Aux2Bat
Lieutenant: Polarize Hull, Hazard Emitters

DOFFs:
3x Technicians
1x Flight Deck Reduced Cooldown
1x Fab Engineer RSP Duration

Consoles:
I'll need to try out the universal console set first to see how it goes.
Captain
# 4
07-01-2013, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by veritech05 View Post
I was thinking about making a torpedo boat. Blasting torpedoes while cloaked is too much fun to pass up.
This has only standard Romulan Battlecloak, so you have to use the console ability to fire torps while cloaked, which presumably only lets you fire for a short time and has a 3 minute cooldown until you can use it again.
Commander
# 5
07-01-2013, 05:59 PM
I will make a cannon version with 5 Nanite Disruptors in front ...

Subscribed For: 1400+ Days
Lieutenant
# 6
07-02-2013, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustiswordz View Post
OK thought Id get tha ball rolling. What sort of builds are you planning for this babe of a ship. Lets see your stuff to make the whiners scream OP all the more!

Im planning a Keratt ambusher. Cloaking mines trap prey nuke em till they glow.
PVE E-STF build.

Tulwar Variant.

5x Fore DHCs.

3x Aft Turrets

KHG XII Shields
Aegis Deflector
KHG XII engines or the DS9 Episode Series Combat Engines ( Breen? )

Eng C - Assimilated/Zero Point
Sci C- 5x Bloo XI Field Generators
Tact C - 3x Disruptor Cannon Damage

BOFF Layout.

Commander Tact - TT1, TT2, CSV2, CSV3 ( Edit. Might repalce a CSV for CRF sicne tact. captain. )
Lt. Com Eng - EptW1, EptS2, Aux2Struct2
Lt. Eng - EptW1, EptS2
Lt Sci - HE1, TSS2
Eng Sci - HE1

Last edited by wintiemintie; 07-02-2013 at 07:42 AM.
Commander
# 7
07-02-2013, 08:32 AM
Still around 1k zen short of the whole 5k pack
But fist i would like to see its dps power on the tac version.

Fore 5 romulan plasma DHCs
Aft 2 rom plasma turrets and cutting beam

Commander Tactical : TT1, APB 1, APO 2, CRF 3
Lieutenant Engineer : EPtS 1, DEM 1
Lieutenant Science : HE 1, TSS 2 (here maybe HE 2 and TSS 1 since shields might not be a problem with the secondary shields and battle cloaking with shields on)
Ensign Universal : Tractor Beam 1
Lieutenant Commander Universal: Tac: TT1, CSV 1, CRF 2

Consoles:
5 plasma infuser, its 3 console pack, borg and leach.
Its a shame it doenst have just 4 tac consoles cuz i had in mind also valdore console and/or a dil mine RCS console, but those might not be needed cuz of secondary shields plus it can battle cloak when shields are low and Rapid Maneuvering Thrusters bonus, i still i wish i knew how much turn rate that gives.
Rihannsu
# 8
07-02-2013, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosul33 View Post
Its a shame it doenst have just 4 tac consoles cuz i had in mind also valdore console and/or a dil mine RCS console, but those might not be needed cuz of secondary shields plus it can battle cloak when shields are low and Rapid Maneuvering Thrusters bonus, i still i wish i knew how much turn rate that gives.
You can always put universal consoles to your tac consoles, I know it's hard to resist using tac consoles on every tac console slot but.. yeah
Say the word, it saves the world.
CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
Empire Veteran
# 9
07-02-2013, 11:37 AM
This is a PVE Build Tulwar Variant.

Fore Weapons: 4 x Polarized Disruptor Beam Arrays with 1 Dual Polarized Disruptor Beam Bank

Aft Weapons: Borg Cutting Beam, Romulan Tractor Mine and Polarized Disruptor Beam Array

Jem Hadar Engines and Deflector (for the 2 piece Polaron weapons Boost)

KHG XII Shields

Eng Con: Rare RCS Mk XII and Cloaked Barrage console

Sci Con: Borg, Secondary Shields console, Leach, Assimilator and Subspace Jump

Tac Con: Rare Mk XII Polaron Phase Modulator, Singularity Distributor Unit console and Shield Heal Console (Can?t remember the name)

Boff Layout:

Commander Tac ? TT1, FAW2, BO3 and APO3

Lt. Commander Science ? TB1, ES1 and GW1

Lt. Science HE1 and TSS2

Lt. Engineering ET1 and ASIF1

Ensign Science ST1

Hanger Bay: Romulan Drone Ship

This is just a PVE gimmick build which should be fine for Elite STF's or what have you.

The Subspace Jump console is in there to give me a warp Thalaron Pulse Blast, start your charge up for the blast and if your target move out of its arc wait till you've gotten to about 10 seconds of charge built up and use the Subspace Jump to warp behind your target and watch the destruction.

I'm still very disappointed that there is no Commander Level Science Boff Station on the Tulwar but I'll most likely pick up the 3 pack for my Romulan Tac Captain and the fact that the Scimitar is just a sick looking beats of a ship.
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
07-03-2013, 02:29 AM
Well, I plan to get a 3-pack for this (first 3-pack purchase ever!), but I'll hold off for a couple months as there's a lot more grinding I'll need to do before I can put together the resources/rep/dil needed to make a proper go of this. In the meantime I'll have fun with my other legacy pack ships

That said, I do have some ideas for it. For now I'll only include items I can get without lockbox/lobi stuff, though I do have a few C-store ship consoles I can use. I'll also ignore Doffs since I still haven't gotten the hang of aux2batt builds

Captain: Tactical

Scimitar-model:

Fore: 4x Romulan Plasma DBB, 1x Hyper-torpedo (or Omega Torpedo)
Rear: Cutting Beam, 1x Experimental Beam Array, 1x Rom Beam array (or mine launcher/torpedo)

Engines/Shields/Deflector: A rep set, probably Reman or Borg, whichever I can swing first

Consoles
Eng: Borg Assimilated Console, Zero-point conduit
Sci: Field Generator, Cloaked Barrage, Secondary Shields
Tac: 4x Plasma infuser, Singularity Distributor Unit (or 1x Plasma infuser)

Hangar: Drone ships or Elite Scorpions

Boffs:
Cdr Tac: TT1, BFAW2, BO3, APO3
LtCdr Uni (Tac): TT1, APB1, THY3 (if Sci Tractor Beam 1, Energy Siphon 1, Gravity Well 1)
Lt Eng: EPTS1, Aux2SIF
Lt Sci: TSS1, HE2
En Uni (Eng): EPTS1 (if Sci Polarize Hull 1)

Devices: Aux battery, Weapon Battery, Subspace modulator, Deuterium Surplus/Engine battery/turret

I'll try to slot boffs that reduce cooldown on Evasive Maneuvers, Beam weapons, Tac Team, or increase power levels for Emergency power abilities. When I figure out Aux2Batt I imagine that'll be a good way to compensate for warbirds' power difficulties.

In theory this build should allow for some fun long-distance standoff shooting with a minimum of turning around in PVE. I can close to deploy mines or use the borg tractor/cutting beam combo, but for the most part it'll be about timing BO shots with high-yield plasma barrages from the Romulan Hyper Torpedo.

Last edited by unangbangkay; 07-03-2013 at 02:50 AM.