Captain
# 1 Merge the Risa maps!
07-01-2013, 09:17 PM
According to this post, the old Risa map is going to be replace entirely? Why must this happen? Why must the old Risa be wasted?

If anything, BOTH maps should be merged into one really large map! It could be a miniature island chain! Doing this is the best way to create traffic into a map that is never used, while keeping a map that already has a large traffic base.

Please, Cryptic? Merge the maps?

I successfully completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE.
My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III

Click here to view my DeviantArt.
Ensign
# 2
07-01-2013, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaleff View Post
According to this post, the old Risa map is going to be replace entirely? Why must this happen? Why must the old Risa be wasted?

If anything, BOTH maps should be merged into one really large map! It could be a miniature island chain! Doing this is the best way to create traffic into a map that is never used, while keeping a map that already has a large traffic base.

Please, Cryptic? Merge the maps?
i agree they should merge the maps, that would be awesome!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-01-2013, 09:25 PM
I totally agree as well, they would do well to merge them, think of it like an island chain, like Hawaii for example.
Captain
# 4
07-01-2013, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaleff View Post
According to this post, the old Risa map is going to be replace entirely?
To start, that is not a post, its a article of another website.

Second, they already said the old map and the new map are going to stay (they cannot just remove the old map as it would affect Foundry missions, if they do that later they will give ample warning before that)

Third, they cannot just "merge" maps, the current one is likely the maximum size for ground maps and if it wasnt they still CANNOT MERGE MAPS.
Former Star Trek Online Player
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-01-2013, 09:30 PM
I wonder if they can update the old map to include the new day and night cycle?
Captain
# 6
07-01-2013, 09:36 PM
I personally have used both maps, and I love both. I myself have been to Hawaii a few times, and I loved how each island was very similar, but also had unique differences that created a new experience. If you make the miniature Risa island chain, you can create a similar environment.

And for those of us who have jetpacks, please keep them functional. I don't care if they only work on Risa, but they should at least stay operational. Here on Risa, they can be a great tool for exploring the islands. Come to think of it, that could very well be the method required to cross the water and get from one island to the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
They cannot just "merge" maps, the current one is likely the maximum size for ground maps and if it wasn't they still CANNOT MERGE MAPS.
You obviously have never alpha or beta tested a game.

My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III

Commander
# 7
07-01-2013, 09:42 PM
If they could make a low priority "beam to" so we can beam back and fourth, that'd be cool. Link them that way
VA Makbure
The 47th Defense Division Special Ops
Captain
# 8
07-01-2013, 09:52 PM
Hawaii does have airlines and boats that shuttle between islands. The Big Island has the volcano, Oahu has surfing on the North Shore.

But in STO, the devs would need to provide a good reason to beam between the islands, and that will likely not happen unless it stays a event map.

I don't mean staying the summer event. I mean like Defera, where you go to Temple for this mission, go to Power Plant for that mission. So for Risa, you could buzz the volcano here, do fishing at this location, jetpack obstacle courses at that island. Something like that.

Starfleet Veteran
# 9
07-01-2013, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Second, they already said the old map and the new map are going to stay (they cannot just remove the old map as it would affect Foundry missions, if they do that later they will give ample warning before that)
....They can remove any map from the game as a normal map without affecting the Foundry. Have you ever been in the foundry? Just because a map is removed from being the beam in map in a system doesn't mean it has to be removed from the game. Old earth space dock for example still there.
Rihannsu
# 10
07-01-2013, 10:46 PM
There just needs to be ONE Risa, not two. I hope they eventually pick one and go with it. Preferably the new one they are using for the event, the old one was so lacking. There is no resort on the old one, how could it even be Risa by definition.
DAY 5: Finally the problem is solved, no more "server not responding"!
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few"