Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 11
07-02-2013, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fonz71 View Post
a2d is great and will make you somewhat immune to this attack, but... inertia dampeners is the way to go, even at a high cost. the reason i say, is that being a specialized build, it takes some degree of experience to pull off that kind of alpha. the attacker usually watches your buffs carefully and times the alpha between your resist up-times. same will be true with a2d.

spec'ing 6 there i rarely see my dash go dark, if it does it's only for less than a second. it is also helpful with other hold- repel related buffs, and i may be mistaken but i believe i read somewhere it even has an effect on the duration of viral... seemed weird that it would, but i'm sure i read it

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Skill:_Star...tial_Dampeners

yup, there it is... it's on the internet so it must be true, right?.....right? hehe

good luck and have fun!!
They were running in pairs, one would hit with the Shockwave and VM and a Gravaton pulse and AMS, then the 2nd with a TB and then his BO, HYT. Pretty frustrating.

Last edited by redsnake721; 07-02-2013 at 07:53 AM.
Rihannsu
# 12
07-02-2013, 07:53 AM
I don't have these items, so this is purely theory crafted. But maybe someone was applying the same thinking to the OP in game:

the nukara mines seem to have stun effects as well. with some fiddling around you can wait for those to hit your target (from a b'rel lets say) and then follow up with uncloak BO3 Hy3 combo.

THe stun of these mines seems to be better then the PSW stun.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Career Officer
# 13
07-02-2013, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsnake721 View Post
Well I was going dark for a full 4 seconds and my ET was dark also. So I couldent clean it. Even the Warp core Batt that restores off-line systems was dark. I dont slot any dampners as far as consoles go. I have some XII purple ons. I think I have 3 levls in internal damp, is that not enough to prevent a complete shutdown?
my guess is that if you were disabled that long, then the attacker was spec'ed high in decompiler... 3 is often enough for inertia dampeners, but i would go 6 personally. also there are a number of set bonus' and deflectors that give additional dampeners. including the sci consoles themselves. would be wise to keep one of two of those things handy if you know there is an enemy about using this tactic.
Survivor of Romulus
# 14
07-02-2013, 07:58 AM
Hai,

Being that I am a PSW, BO stacked B'rel I can tell you the ways to survive against a surprice Vape attack. Primarily that power distribution can often times be the difference between life and death. If you are not in combat and floating around, try to have more power in shields. This will increase your resistance.

Next try to cycle tactical team, or if such an attack is coming use anthing that mitigates large amounts of damage. Such as RSP, BFI, Pol Hull, Aux2SIF or any other ability before the attack if possible. If you have a Jump console use that... that makes me /rage. But the best defence is a good offense, so just be alert and cycle your heals outside of combat. Makes you a very unlikely target.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-02-2013, 07:58 AM
Engineering Team is your friend and can save your life if you move fast enough.

ET is the real miracle worker in STO.
Career Officer
# 16
07-02-2013, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegie0 View Post
Hai,

Being that I am a PSW, BO stacked B'rel I can tell you the ways to survive against a surprice Vape attack. Primarily that power distribution can often times be the difference between life and death. If you are not in combat and floating around, try to have more power in shields. This will increase your resistance.

Next try to cycle tactical team, or if such an attack is coming use anthing that mitigates large amounts of damage. Such as RSP, BFI, Pol Hull, Aux2SIF or any other ability before the attack if possible. If you have a Jump console use that... that makes me /rage. But the best defence is a good offense, so just be alert and cycle your heals outside of combat. Makes you a very unlikely target.
provided you know it's coming, very good advise but cycling you buffs is always a good idea
Survivor of Romulus
# 17
07-02-2013, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fonz71 View Post
provided you know it's coming, very good advise but cycling you buffs is always a good idea
Shhh, this is what keeps it so effective. The impatient PvPer loves to Sponge Klink BO attacks.
Career Officer
# 18
07-02-2013, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegie0 View Post
Shhh, this is what keeps it so effective. The impatient PvPer loves to Sponge Klink BO attacks.
Maybe a sponge is what's needed to solve the Klingons' BO problem
Career Officer
# 19
07-02-2013, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave85 View Post
Maybe a sponge is what's needed to solve the Klingons' BO problem
awww, a dirty joke

lol
Commander
# 20
07-02-2013, 09:12 AM
All i can say, Omega, TT and Dampeners to 9, High Cap High Resist High Hull High Resist. TT and Omega not even needed with some swift reflexes

Despite what alot of newer players believe, its ridiculously easy to make a build which is giving the best Alpha'ers a headache, Engi not a necessity.