Lt. Commander
# 1 Friday Updates Around The Web
01-22-2010, 06:52 PM
Happy Friday, everyone! Read on for some Star Trek Online articles to hold you over the weekend.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-22-2010, 06:59 PM
Massively's guide to STO for non-Trekkers, is not exactly the sort of thing I would have posted to your game, the last movie was a horrible, horrible movie and to compare that movie to this game will only hurt your cause, this coming from a trekker, I do not speak for everyone but I would seriously think about re-buffing that article.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-22-2010, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan
Happy Friday, everyone! Read on for some Star Trek Online articles to hold you over the weekend.

Link to the news article.
Who needs articles anymore when we can play the game? That is, WHEN we can play the game, when there arent 2 maintainance periods back to back 4 hours apart from each other :p
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-22-2010, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenhofer
Massively's guide to STO for non-Trekkers, is not exactly the sort of thing I would have posted to your game, the last movie was a horrible, horrible movie and to compare that movie to this game will only hurt your cause, this coming from a trekker, I do not speak for everyone but I would seriously think about re-buffing that article.
Sorry, but I have to disagree. The last movie is EXACTLY the thing to compare this game to for NON-Trekkies, as NON-Trekkies typically dont like the ST you and I have been fans of for years. NON-Trekkies seemed to really like the new movie. Whether you or I like it or not, the ST franchise has been dying a slow death for years, and the new movie brought it back to life.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-22-2010, 07:13 PM
Had I read the article Massively's guide to STO for non-Trekkers before pre-ordering this game, I would not be purchasing this game. You may want to think about posting another article and taking that one down because it may hurt your sales of the game. Because there are some of us Trekkers out there that did not like the J.J. Abrams Star Trek Movie and would not want to play a game that touts that it is like that movie.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-22-2010, 07:13 PM
I liked the most recent Star Trek movie..
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-22-2010, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Sorry, but I have to disagree. The last movie is EXACTLY the thing to compare this game to for NON-Trekkies, as NON-Trekkies typically dont like the ST you and I have been fans of for years. NON-Trekkies seemed to really like the new movie. Whether you or I like it or not, the ST franchise has been dying a slow death for years, and the new movie brought it back to life.
It was brought back to life as a Zombie maybe...
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-22-2010, 07:17 PM
Escapist video said "frame rate drops"? I think he needs a better rig.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-22-2010, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenhofer
It was brought back to life as a Zombie maybe...
ST does have zombies, it has Borg
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-25-2010, 04:32 AM
I don't recall all of the Massive article, can't access it at work, but I seem to remember it being okay. The gamestop interview was okay but there wasn't alot of info provided either.
Closed Thread