Lt. Commander
# 1 Jack Emmert On The Big Freaks
03-22-2010, 04:44 PM
Cryptic Co-founder and Chief Operating Officer Jack Emmert checked in with the folks on The Big Freaking Podcast this week. Give it a listen here.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-22-2010, 05:06 PM
Hehe nice podcast/link ....oh and 1st it seems

Oh and Rekhan, I never get tired of your avatar lol, it always makes my day. One of the best I've ever seen!
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-22-2010, 05:17 PM
Good interview but very long. Good info on STO, CO, and Cryptic.

My favorite part was when he said "Seasons 2 is 100% being designed to match the player polls we have posted in the past few weeks to cater to exactly to what the players like and want to continue to do more."

It was REALLY good to hear that Season Two for STO is basically based on 100% player input. Awesome! One more reason to stick around and see what Cryptic does with STO.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-22-2010, 05:47 PM
There is some really good information, good clarity, fantastic transparency, and so many other tid-bits.

Above all else, as someone who puts on the tech writer hat frequently, I am so glad to know that when push comes to shove Jack beats on those responsible for the horrid mission directions and ability descriptions. I can sleep a little more soundly now.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-22-2010, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayenn
There is some really good information, good clarity, fantastic transparency, and so many other tid-bits.

Above all else, as someone who puts on the tech writer hat frequently, I am so glad to know that when push comes to shove Jack beats on those responsible for the horrid mission directions and ability descriptions. I can sleep a little more soundly now.
You have no idea!
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-22-2010, 06:08 PM
Hey Jack, great info on the podcast. Personally I loved that you had no effin clue what powers and skills did either. One thing I didnt like was that they asked you NOTHING about Klingons. Its by far THE hot button issue on the forums. Yet we havent heard all that much from you guys on it. Id also be curious to know if there are any other plans for adding non linear (sand box esque) features to STO. Some examples would be adding more fleet/house oriented actions. Stuff that we could do to feel like we are an active part of the universe instead of just following a script all the time.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-22-2010, 06:09 PM
For those of us not into podcasts is there a place we can go to read the STO related details? I did check and it's 90 minutes long, turned it off when he started going thru his comic book reading list.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-22-2010, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackalope View Post
You have no idea!
I'm a grad student in English Studies with a tech comm/new media focus. If you could SEE the undergrad work I deal with! The problem I have is they are students, not employees. I can't beat them, though they need it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-22-2010, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackalope View Post
You have no idea!
It's Darth Emmert! Runnnnnn!!!!

Hey thanks for the transparancy and buffed up communication. Things are looking better... hopefully we can move toward the vision you painted in Vegas 2008 with Nimoy.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-22-2010, 06:16 PM
Thanks Jack great interview!