Lt. Commander
# 91
01-22-2010, 11:11 PM
OMG really? wow that sux.. according to the Google map most of the US dosent have Del Taco.. hmmm guess I'll have to travel over 900 miles to get the shuttle huh?
Lt. Commander
# 92
01-22-2010, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotDoug
Cryptic is giving an unfair advantage to ppl who live near Del Taco.

The shuttle is not really a pet more like of those assistants you get in Gradius that you can equip a few weapons on and it will shoot mobs with you.

Its like having a permanent 2 person party without adding the extra mobs.

Personally I think its cool since I got my mistress to send me a code so now I can equip two phasers and have the shuttle be my torp slave
this is the description on the STO website
The Type-8 shuttle is standard equipment for most Federation starships and starbases. A short-range auxiliary vehicle used for personnel transport and small cargos, shuttlecraft have limited warp capacity. They are unarmed and have minimal shields.

Says no weapons...so it can be armed...how can you be sure you can arm it...just want to know if its worth tracking one down....
Lt. Commander
# 93 No Del Taco in New York!
01-22-2010, 11:29 PM
There is no Del Taco in New York...I think we need to send StarFleet an S.O.S...We need a shuttle out here... I hope i get one ...I can't belive they would do this to New York...we have taco hell(bathroom hell LOL)
Lt. Commander
# 94
01-22-2010, 11:31 PM
one thing id like to know, since MOST people dont have access to a del taco. and obviouslly giving some random person on the internet money is a good idea.

will it be available another way? I've always been a big collector of non combat pets. something like this i would even be willing to toss some cryptic points at. but attaching it to a fast food chain that's only avilible to the americans... and not even all of them at that. is very dispointing.

id like to echo the idea that whoever came up with this one should be booted out the door. or tied to a chair and forced to watch Wesley crusher episodes for the next ten years
Lt. Commander
# 95
01-22-2010, 11:32 PM
or atleast give it to taco hell!
Lt. Commander
# 96 Hah!
01-22-2010, 11:40 PM
Yeah, Del Taco is mostly a west Coast phenomenon. It's not all that special, I still like Taco Bell Better, but I have a Del Taco right around the block where I get coffee every morning before class. Type-8 shuttle here I come ahahaha XD
Lt. Commander
# 97
01-22-2010, 11:43 PM
don't blame Cryptic for this atrocity of a promotional give away. it's CBS that owns both Del Taco and Star Trek, blame them. if you want promotions for this game at another food chain then take it up with CBS they're ultimately the boss on the subject. Cryptic's only job is to make and sustain the game not advertise it.
Lt. Commander
# 98
01-22-2010, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert-Mouse View Post
one thing id like to know, since MOST people dont have access to a del taco. and obviouslly giving some random person on the internet money is a good idea.

will it be available another way? I've always been a big collector of non combat pets. something like this i would even be willing to toss some cryptic points at. but attaching it to a fast food chain that's only avilible to the americans... and not even all of them at that. is very dispointing.

id like to echo the idea that whoever came up with this one should be booted out the door. or tied to a chair and forced to watch Wesley crusher episodes for the next ten years
You'd have to convince the restaurant/chain to be willing to pay for sponsorship and follow Cryptic's & Paramount's & CBS's T&C's. Del Taco probably needed the promotion for its own chain since it doesn't do commercials on TV (at least none that I've seen ) like Taco Bell does or KFC.

It would be sweet if Popeye's jumped on board though.

I don't know how well Tim Horton's / Wendy's is advertised up in Canada, but I think Tim Horton's could pull it off.
Lt. Commander
# 99
01-23-2010, 12:25 AM
Luckily, there is one about 20 miles from me, in the next state.

I'd personally like to see them partner with Mountain Dew (Pepsi), for Mountain Dew is the Official Gamer's Soft Drink.
Lt. Commander
# 100 ebay them
01-23-2010, 12:26 AM
not hard..go to ebay..put in Star Trek online and presto