Lt. Commander
# 571
02-12-2010, 03:05 PM
Entered my key during Head Start. Still can't claim it properly. I was able to claim it on a Fed character, but cannot get it on the Klingon one.

Submitted a ticket 2 weeks ago, still no answer from anyone, beyond the generic one.
Lt. Commander
# 572
02-12-2010, 03:12 PM
Is there going to be any promotional "bling" for those of us that live in Australia?
Lt. Commander
# 573
02-12-2010, 07:02 PM
Found out about this the other day. I have two Del Tacos in the area, so I crossed my fingers and went to lunch (fast food never sits well with me). I have yet to report on any strange digestive issues, but the cup was a nightmare. Luckily, it still had its blue tag on it, but when I peeled it off, the paper surface it was stuck to split, leaving one half on the cup and one half on the blue sticker. After finding out the code wasn't printed on the cup itself, I held the blue tag up to the light. As I suspected, HIDDEN TEXT!

10 minutes later, with a magnifying glass and razor blade set aside, I finally had my carefully-procured code, but what's this? startrekonline.com/activate didn't accept it! Further scraping and peeling indicated that it was /deltaco.

Rolled my eyes, switched to the right page and entered the code. A success, but way harder than it should have been.
Lt. Commander
# 574
02-12-2010, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMaster View Post
Entered my key during Head Start. Still can't claim it properly. I was able to claim it on a Fed character, but cannot get it on the Klingon one.

Submitted a ticket 2 weeks ago, still no answer from anyone, beyond the generic one.
This might be just a guess, but, it is, after all, a Federation shuttle. I don't think there is a Klingon version of it.
Lt. Commander
# 575 Generous donation?
02-12-2010, 09:49 PM
Anyone in the vincinty of a Del Taco... A key to a shuttle? pretty please
Lt. Commander
# 576
02-12-2010, 11:23 PM
Well I dont know about all this "Del Taco" stuff. Kinda crazy to make such advertisement with a low-end branch. but gotta do what u gotta do I guess.

I would assume of such a title of "Star Trek" following with "Online" or a Game would be difficult as is with such a bigger company or enterprise. or at least for a certain long period. cost alot of $$$

I assume Del Taco was desperate. thats my guess

If it was my 2 cents. I would have gone for Burger King, They seem to like Star Trek type stuff to do. hell for example here is one they made

http://www.bk.com/en/us/campaigns/star-trek.html

Even made short flicks of a Klingon Defense Academy. hehe

Dont know about MdDonalds, they would probably fear the game as they would assume if they advertised that their registers would go offline.

But last I knew about Taco Bell was, they run for the border, not the galaxy.

I guess in all respect, this is a strange move for advertisement, when yes. simply. you can just include the items in the fricken store for everyone. You dont need a quest, you dont need closer locations. And you Reallly and Seriously Do Not need to put codes on some Del Dumb Place in Partial locations for a Video Game.

C-Store - Simple. Done. Over. No Complaints - Available for All. All May choose.

I think your marketing people need to stick with where the game is sold, and help input more advertisement within, such as walmarts, gamestops, etc.

You could of even went with some Cell Phone Codes, SMS Things, Either way. Who ever was marketing this thing, obviously needs to set the pipe back in the drawer. this sounds like a munchies issue here.
Lt. Commander
# 577
02-14-2010, 11:44 PM
Any want to trade a A,C, or D code for a B. I have 2 I want to trade.

PM me if you are interested.
Lt. Commander
# 578
02-17-2010, 10:07 AM
I would have loved to have gotten a pet shuttle..... but alas I'm in Singapore and don't even know what a Del Taco is. Closest thing we have here is Taco Bell....... that is I'm assuming Del Taco sells tacos...

Anyway, hopefully future marketing moves actually manages to reach out to the population of gamers other than just those residing within the States. Or maybe go with a brand that has more global reach.
Lt. Commander
# 579
02-20-2010, 02:00 PM
a worthless promotion for over 3/4 of the US and other countries. Only 7 or 8 states even have Del Taco and I for one never even heard of this franchise until now. Not a very good deal IMHO.

A more fair deal would have been through McDonalds or Burger King. But just my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 580
02-20-2010, 04:57 PM
Thank you to the team for doing this, it allowed me to try the game before putting out money for it. after the back and forth posts and reviews I didn't know what to think. After being able to really see what it is first hand I was sold. It was the move valuable drink I ever purchased