Commander
# 21
07-02-2013, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
This. Who are we to decide what other people can or cannot fly at endgame? Immersion went out the airlock a long time ago, and adding some more Fed ships - even old ones - is nowhere near as damaging as whatever the next lockbox will undoubtedly offer.
this i sort of got into a funk about this game after i got a Romulan to 50 and didnt feel like going through the grind for marks. I realized I wasn't really having fun with the game. So I rolled another character and decided I was gonna play the way I wanted to...so I bought the TOS pack and TOS ENT. I am playing through the game as if it was during TOS era and with an exeter class ship...currently sitting on level 31...and I am having a good time playing the game
Captain
# 22
07-02-2013, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
Constitution-class
Constitution-Refit
Miranda-class
Miranda-class (no rollbar)
Miranda-class (no rollbar, sensor pods)
Soyuz-class
Oberth-class
Exeter-class
Vesper-class
Excalibur-class
NX-class
NX-Refit
i quasi agree that the original hulls would be obsolete.
200 years of advancment in metallurgy & material science would make the old hulls weak compared to newer ships.

refitting them with ablative plate armor modules would be a cheap way around that, but would add bulk that a ship with integrally better armor wouldnt have.

however, that wouldnt apply to new build ships using the old, simpler hull shapes. which would also be easier to manufacture than the sweeping curvs of newer designs. (very attractive to any force in need of armoured ships fast)

not to mention the connie and miranda (and the tree of varients to both) where time proven effective designs, that being the reason the exeter is there to supersede the connie, and the Merian class.

both of which could easily be added catering for different playstyles in game, if cryptic stop pretending they have a party based game or that the rpg trinity works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
This. Who are we to decide what other people can or cannot fly at endgame? Immersion went out the airlock a long time ago, and adding some more Fed ships - even old ones - is nowhere near as damaging as whatever the next lockbox will undoubtedly offer.
from port to starboard, what % of your ship is in reverse when you turn?(****** mogai's ...)
If you like the RPG trinity, then you hate MMOs, you hate working, competitive fair PvP, you hate balanced engaging solo content,
and,
you hate PvE "adventure zones". because the trinity is incompatible with any of these.

Last edited by skollulfr; 07-02-2013 at 02:01 PM.
Commander
# 23
07-02-2013, 01:59 PM
I just wish I could fly around in the old original shuttles from TNG, you know.. those horrible looking box shuttles. None of the shuttles in game look close enough to it!

IT would be even better to fly around space in current US spaceships? Shuttle? What are they classified as.. you know the giant rocket/shamoo (the whale) looking ships.
Captain
# 24
07-02-2013, 02:08 PM
Personally I would like to fly the antique ships, like my TOS Constitution, and have it be viable at endgame but only as Tier1 or Tier2 ships though. If they were Tier4 or 5 does not make any sense - and this is coming from a TOS/TWOK fan.

It WOULD make sense to have these lower-tier ships for players to use in Foundry episodes that take place in the past when these ships were the latest and greatest! If the player could have these ships (still being Tier1 or Tier2) they would be on a level playing field with the full variety of NPC ships in the episodes.

How about Tier1/2 PvP space zones?

Having episodes and queues for lower-tier ships would allow people to get their fix for flying these ships, do role playing and play retro Foundry episodes. They would not have to be Tier5 variants.

As far as cost, a lot of these ships are relatively simple in design or are variants of ones already in the game. How about 300 Zen each to make it worth Cryptics time for putting the models together?
Are you sure it isn't time for a "colourful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'

Star Trek Battles Channel - STO... The way it was meant to be played!
Captain
# 25
07-02-2013, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by urniv821 View Post
fly around space in current US spaceships?
What current US spaceships? The shuttles are all done with.
Captain
# 26
07-02-2013, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirokk View Post
Personally I would like to fly the antique ships, like my TOS Constitution, and have it be viable at endgame but only as Tier1 or Tier2 ships though. If they were Tier4 or 5 does not make any sense - and this is coming from a TOS/TWOK fan.
The game already has old antique ships at T5. That ship has sailed. The game already doesn't make sense in that way. Which means to continue to argue against it is really a very subjective thing at this point. You're fine with people flying a D'Kyr which is far older than a Constitution, at T5. But not fine with someone flying a Miranda? That makes just as little sense. At this point, you're simply arguing against some people who want their favorite ship, while you get to fly your favorite ship instead. Which you know, is subjective and fuel for argument.

If you're fine with the game as-is, with Enterprise era ships from the Klingons, Vulcans and Romulans, as well as a souped up modern version of the ENT era Andorian ship all being top tier capable, then arguing against a Constitution, an NX or a Miranda is just trolling fans of those ships.

Quote:
How about Tier1/2 PvP space zones?
People already do this. Using the queue system.
Commander
# 27
07-02-2013, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
What current US spaceships? The shuttles are all done with.
dust em off, I want to fly around in one in STO.
Captain
# 28
07-02-2013, 02:20 PM
and more to my earlier post.
the Merian, centaur and shikahr classes are all much more recent designs.
If you like the RPG trinity, then you hate MMOs, you hate working, competitive fair PvP, you hate balanced engaging solo content,
and,
you hate PvE "adventure zones". because the trinity is incompatible with any of these.
Captain
# 29
07-02-2013, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skollulfr View Post
and more to my earlier post.
the Merian, centaur and shikahr classes are all much more recent designs.
I fully support a T5 Fleet Centaur.

And obviously, a T5 Exeter, Vesper and Excalibur. All modern, recent ship designs. This issue is not about age. And there is a very easy solution to make it not about age.

Right now there's a gaping hole in the fleet setup. There are T2 ships turned into Fleet Variants for every other ship except the Cruiser. Since the stated intention of fleet variants was to make lower tier ships playable at end-game, so that people who for instance, loved the Nova could fly a T5 Nova, they absolutely need to come up with something that adds a low tier cruiser to the fleet system.

Until they do, the development team at best look like clowns. At worst, look disingenuous.
Captain
# 30
07-02-2013, 02:28 PM
If everyone wants a T5 connie etc etc. . . I want a either a T5 shuttle or a T5 phoenix. . . And I will keep crying troll and baby tears until I get one. . .
. . . . . . . . Insert witty content. . . . . .