Former PWE Community Team Lead
The Star Trek Online team is pleased to present this spotlight video that features the incredible new Romulan player ships that have been recently introduced to the game.

Link to the video.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Commander
# 2
07-05-2013, 09:10 AM
Catchy tune too bad that doesn't play in combat when playing a Romulan.
Career Officer
# 3
07-05-2013, 09:20 AM
Nice vid, music reminded me of the orinigal 'Battlefeild' tune before they released BF3 when they murder your eardumbs insted of your enermies with whatever screch they had for a theme.

Think this is a good idea for more season releases, nice to see the selection of ships your offering.
But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet, Tread softly because you tread on my dreams
W.B. Yeats

Lifer since beta its never been so good! So now can everyone chill this game is going in the right direction
Career Officer
# 4
07-05-2013, 09:27 AM
Too bad the new shiny scimitar is broken when used with the secondary shield console as your shield does not regenerate at all unless you're using an active boff skills.

Less money spent on videos and more on quality assurance would be good.
Career Officer
# 5
07-05-2013, 10:17 AM
Really good looking !

Congrats to your marketing department
Commander
# 6
07-05-2013, 11:06 AM
They're all very nice and I love them all, but where's the C-Store Sci ship w/console to go with all the others available in the legacy pack?

Wanted: 200,000 Dilithium Special Feature Projects for Romulan skinned Fleet Holdings.
Captain
# 7
07-05-2013, 11:06 AM
Nice vid and the ships look nice. Are there more new Romulan ships on the horizon? There is only 2 real science ships to choose from, the hanom and the mirror hanom. The mirror hanom has an engineer focus and the normal hanom has a normal science focus. A tactical focused science ship would be nice. The tulwar does not have science commander BOFF slot and isnt a real choice for some who actually wants to use science abilities.

Perhaps 4 tac consoles, 2 eng consoles, 4 sci consoles, a turn rate of 12-14, lt cmdr tac boff, lt eng boff, cmdr sci boff, lt cmdr sci boff, and a universal ensign boff.

Tactical players have like 6 real choices, engineer players have like 5 real choices, but science players only have 2.

Last edited by jagdhippies; 07-05-2013 at 11:12 AM.
Career Officer
# 8
07-05-2013, 11:07 AM
I always appreciate it when official videos like this come out. One of the major decision makers for any ships I buy is seeing them in action first. The few pics on the C-store page just don't do them justice. I often find myself lurking around on the YouTubes to find gameplay vids before I buy anything.

I have a side thought about that actually. Would there be some way to include a link to these videos on each ships page in game? Maybe a link that opens up your default browser to the vid or possibly some sort of Arc integration? I have no idea how feasible that is, but I just really find a description and a few random shots of the ship in the C-store to be a bit lacking IMO.

Very cool video though.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009

It's time for STO to get a complete UI overhaul.
Rihannsu
# 9
07-05-2013, 11:22 AM
My problem with videos like this is that you really don't get much sense of the ship. There's about 5 seconds of what appears to be a random battle sequence, but it doesn't "spotlight" anything about the ship except throwing up a subtitle bar giving it's name.

To better show off a given ship you should have slower pans/fades. Give us time to look at it. To ogle it. To covet the ship. Possibly some kind of overlay with the ship stats.

Then you can take it into battle, but set it up better so there is focus on the ship and it's features. Show the ship on approach, preparing it's weapons/special abilities, and using those to annihilate its foes. Be sure to clearly demonstrate how the new ship was superior to it's opponents.

A darkly lit space battle, with undefined energy beams flashing here and there may well seem frenetic, but not in a good way. It doesn't make me want/care about the ship you're trying to sell.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Commander
# 10
07-05-2013, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagdhippies View Post
Nice vid and the ships look nice. Are there more new Romulan ships on the horizon? There is only 2 real science ships to choose from, the hanom and the mirror hanom. The mirror hanom has an engineer focus and the normal hanom has a normal science focus. A tactical focused science ship would be nice. The tulwar does not have science commander BOFF slot and isnt a real choice for some who actually wants to use science abilities.

Perhaps 4 tac consoles, 2 eng consoles, 4 sci consoles, a turn rate of 12-14, lt cmdr tac boff, lt eng boff, cmdr sci boff, lt cmdr sci boff, and a universal ensign boff.

Tactical players have like 6 real choices, engineer players have like 5 real choices, but science players only have 2.
Two choices, one of which comes from a lock box...

Wanted: 200,000 Dilithium Special Feature Projects for Romulan skinned Fleet Holdings.

Last edited by carasucia83; 07-05-2013 at 01:38 PM.