Career Officer
# 1 Fleet D'Deridex vs Scimitar.
07-02-2013, 12:57 PM
I am a bit disappointed now that my fleet D'Deridex has basically been trumped by the Scimitar, the fact that a Scimitar can fly circles around a D'Deridex while having 5 for weapons and a potentially devistating tactical loadout makes me have serious buyers remorse for the DD, what has now become a sub-par ship with a pretty skin. Sure it has 10% more hull then a Scimitar, but that is hardly equitable vs a ship that can run 5 tac consoles, 5 fore weapons, plasma embassy consoles, romulan set bonus and quite likely likely double the DD's damage, and more time on target with superior turn rate - and before anyone tries to say the D'D is a healer, the Fleet variant has a pretty bad boff layout for anykind of serious healing role, vs the normal DD.

Am I missing something, or has the Fleet D'D just become rubbish?
Career Officer
# 2
07-02-2013, 01:07 PM
Agreed 100%. I was so excited to fly the D'Deridex, but the BOff layout essentially makes it useless. That Ensign Tac station is a major waste.
Captain
# 3
07-02-2013, 01:52 PM
Your buyer's remorse will melt away once you buy the Scimitar.

This is how these games work btw. That's the model. You need to buy the latest new shiny to stay on top.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-02-2013, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkietravis View Post
Agreed 100%. I was so excited to fly the D'Deridex, but the BOff layout essentially makes it useless. That Ensign Tac station is a major waste.
Meh, while the Scimitar does look superior to the D'deridex (and dare I say ridiculously overpowered) that doesn't suddenly make the D'deridex bad, only by comparisson.
The D'deridex's BOff layout is pretty great, the extra tactical team basically is an extra heal, and I for one have a great time flying it both in pve and pvp.

And if all else fails we can at least take pride in flying an amazing looking ship that isn't pay to win.
Commander
# 5
07-02-2013, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post

This is how these games work btw. That's the model. You need to buy the latest new shiny to stay on top.
^^ this.

This is the way of this world my friend!
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-02-2013, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post

Yes, sadly. And as long as there are so many manipulable players out there, acting like cattle, it will stay that way. If at all, it will get worse.
At some point even the dumbest ones will realize they're being led and fed. Then they'll complain and stomp their feet in protest. But alas, they won't blame themselves.
And so the circle continues.

Oh, as for me, and a bit on topic, I'll probably buy the D'deridex retrofit with the current discount.
I won't buy the Scimitar, since I never liked it (it's some lazy script writer's ugly looking, unimaginative piece of boring overpowered wet dream small ego compensator..).
However, I'd gladly pay for some classic looking Fed or Klingon ship (Galaxy/Souvereign/Vor'Cha/Negh'Var) with similar stats. Without the hangar, mind you.

Last edited by arcjet; 07-02-2013 at 03:10 PM.
Captain
# 7
07-02-2013, 03:07 PM
For DPS, scimitar obviously. For a tank-healer-support ship, the DD still seems a better fit. The DD can use ltcmdr eng and sci abilities in the same build, which the Scimitar can't do. DEM3 + EPTS3 + TSS3. On paper at least, seems like the DD is more of a team player than the Scimitar.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-02-2013, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
For DPS, scimitar obviously. For a tank-healer-support ship, the DD still seems a better fit. The DD can use ltcmdr eng and sci abilities in the same build, which the Scimitar can't do. DEM3 + EPTS3 + TSS3. On paper at least, seems like the DD is more of a team player than the Scimitar.
Yeah now if there was any need for such a tank-healer-support in the game, it would all make sense.
However, dps and alpha is king, tank is not needed, and if you want to have tank or sci support, people usually flock to the carriers.

That leaves a niche that's practically useless, and also constitutes the reason for the Galaxy's sad existence.

-edit-
Or let's not say useless, let's say sub-par, which is just about the same in an MMO.
On the bright side, as long as you don't pvp, you can fly whatever you want, since the PvE is so shallow and un-challenging, that it can probably be handled by a group of well fit shuttles.

Last edited by arcjet; 07-02-2013 at 03:17 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 9
07-02-2013, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lord7tareq View Post
Meh, while the Scimitar does look superior to the D'deridex (and dare I say ridiculously overpowered) that doesn't suddenly make the D'deridex bad, only by comparisson.
The D'deridex's BOff layout is pretty great, the extra tactical team basically is an extra heal, and I for one have a great time flying it both in pve and pvp.

And if all else fails we can at least take pride in flying an amazing looking ship that isn't pay to win.
A Fleet D'Deridex is not Pay to Win?... Uh huh... Riiiight... Self delusions are sad sad things...
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-02-2013, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasukurobi View Post
A Fleet D'Deridex is not Pay to Win?... Uh huh... Riiiight... Self delusions are sad sad things...
Although one does need to buy the components, acquiring a fleet D'deridex takes the monumentous ingame investment of the entire fleet to reach the tier IV shipyard, making it an ingame achievement and not something you simply open your wallet for like c-store ships.
Additionally, I have never ever heard anyone call out "damn those overpowered D'deridexes, the pay to win loosers who fly them need to fly a bugship for a change, so they can see how overpowered their D'deridexes truly are". But perhaps you can explain to me how the D'deridex is in fact an overpowered ship?