Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 No Gun AutoFire....
01-22-2010, 07:26 PM
My gun (any gun Ive tried lots) will no longer autofire. If I set the icon to autofire (highlighted in green) it will not shoot at all even when I trigger it.

So in the end Im forced to click the fire button for every shot I take.

Anyone else having this problem? And was it an intentional decision by Cryptic or a bug?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-22-2010, 07:29 PM
I believe they changed the ground combat so you can't use auto fire any more, but it should still work in space combat.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-22-2010, 07:39 PM
auto attack in ground combat still works perfectly fine for my main char, so i seemd to have an issue about it with a second one
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-22-2010, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopy View Post
I believe they changed the ground combat so you can't use auto fire any more, but it should still work in space combat.
Yea I was wondering if they had done that. Personally I cant complain if they did. It gives you more to do on the ground and keeps you more engaged.

Are you saying its not working for you anymore?

However, confirmation would be nice.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-22-2010, 07:46 PM
It doesnt work for me either, started after the large patch. If i have it on auto fire mouse clicking no longer works. i have to use the number keys to fire. unless i turn auto fire off.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-22-2010, 07:48 PM
I can confirm this problem as well. It seems intermittent though in both space and on the ground for me.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-22-2010, 07:51 PM
"Removed auto-attack from ground inventory/control scheme."

http://www.startrekonline.com/node/910

This is from the patch notes. I'm not sure if that pertains to the actual auto-attack option, or am i reading it wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-22-2010, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopy View Post
"Removed auto-attack from ground inventory/control scheme."

http://www.startrekonline.com/node/910

This is from the patch notes. I'm not sure if that pertains to the actual auto-attack option, or am i reading it wrong.
Thanks so much for rooting through that stuff and finding that. I really appreciate the confirmation. I would imagine you read it right.

Anyways, it makes ground combat more interactive. So long as its not a bug Im happy.