Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Heyas all,

First off I just wanted to say I'm having a blast in STO. Cryptic keep up the good work and let's help the team with firing our torpedos at these bugs gang.

The bug/error I'd like to point out is the enemy ships not cloaking. I fought some Klingons near an outpost and the birds of prey didn't cloak (I don't remember the mission off the top of my head). I also just finished up a mission dealing with laying mines near a transwarp hub and none of the Romulans cloaked while in battle.

I'm not sure if this is across the board or just certain missions.

Just wanted to pass that along just in case.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-22-2010, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Beecher View Post
Heyas all,

First off I just wanted to say I'm having a blast in STO. Cryptic keep up the good work and let's help the team with firing our torpedos at these bugs gang.

The bug/error I'd like to point out is the enemy ships not cloaking. I fought some Klingons near an outpost and the birds of prey didn't cloak (I don't remember the mission off the top of my head). I also just finished up a mission dealing with laying mines near a transwarp hub and none of the Romulans cloaked while in battle.

I'm not sure if this is across the board or just certain missions.

Just wanted to pass that along just in case.
if they were fighting they wouldn't cloak anyhow, they would no longer be able to fight back and would have no more shields.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-22-2010, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotmagnet
if they were fighting they wouldn't cloak anyhow, they would no longer be able to fight back and would have no more shields.
True yet, I do recall some mission where some birds of prey moved far enough way to cloak then swung around to enter the battle again. It just sorta irks me knowing that the Romulans or Klingons can cloak yet don't necessarily do so while in a mission. I guess it is more of a immersion thing.... *shrugs*
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-22-2010, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Beecher View Post
True yet, I do recall some mission where some birds of prey moved far enough way to cloak then swung around to enter the battle again. It just sorta irks me knowing that the Romulans or Klingons can cloak yet don't necessarily do so while in a mission. I guess it is more of a immersion thing.... *shrugs*
well from what i have seen they use their cloaks to "decloak" at the start of some battles, it is just the decloak effect isn't like in the shows where they sort of "phase" into existence, instead they just sort of suddenly appear, which i have to admit is a bit disappointing.