Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Career Officer
Entered PvP with Fleet mate to see how the Advanced Drones worked. Noticed his Mogai defeated me in such a short fashion, that I didn't have time to use Tactical Team (or anything) to compensate.
After some testing, all 3 Classes of the Dreadnought appear to not have shield regeneration. I tried both the Default shield array as well as my MK XI Jem'Hadar shield.
We believe this is why his Mogai can best my 15% hull advantage, including an extra MK X DHC and 105% Power Transfer Rate advantage.
Please remedy soon, the ship is NOT an improvement let alone worth the $50 I spent to acquire the Zen.
Lieutenant
# 2
07-02-2013, 07:36 PM
Can confirm this with a few others, no matter what shield is used (even the default) stats show "O Shield/-1 Sec" for shield regeneration.
Republic Veteran
# 3
07-02-2013, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valetheon View Post
Can confirm this with a few others, no matter what shield is used (even the default) stats show "O Shield/-1 Sec" for shield regeneration.
That is shown on all my ships not just the scimitar so that ain't nothing more than a graphical issue (Even on my normal fed characters). Shield regen stats have always been bugged for a very long time and for a period there it showed nothing....even on mouse over.

Even then shield regen is all but useless. Your buddy just hit you with a alpha strike out of cloak. When anyone is hitting you for 1k a shot in a canon scatter volley, do you think your 255 shield regen per 5 seconds is going to save you?
Lieutenant
# 4
07-02-2013, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitxx View Post
That is shown on all my ships not just the scimitar so that ain't nothing more than a graphical issue (Even on my normal fed characters). Shield regen stats have always been bugged for a very long time and for a period there it showed nothing....even on mouse over.

Even then shield regen is all but useless. Your buddy just hit you with a alpha strike out of cloak. When anyone is hitting you for 1k a shot in a canon scatter volley, do you think your 255 shield regen per 5 seconds is going to save you?
Have to disagree, was in STF's with other Scimitars, they wanted to test the theory and also confirmed they could not get their shields to regen at all without the use of boff skills. The tool tip may as you say be bugged and also wouldn't surprise me . Also I am not using the Scimitar I was using my Mogai and was very surprised that I could tear him down using the same alpha strike, rapid fire, and TT despite the Scimitar having more forward facing weapons, more shields (points), and hull. Of course not a perfect test but it seemed the outcome every time was too one sided for it to be right in my opinion..

Interestingly, my shield tooltip works just fine and shows it correctly

Last edited by valetheon; 07-02-2013 at 11:45 PM.
Captain
# 5
07-03-2013, 12:02 AM
my fleet T'Varo shows 0/-1
Empire Veteran
# 6
07-03-2013, 01:13 AM
Were you cloaked, and/or using the 'shields while cloaked' console? Because I seemed to notice this only when doing both of those things. If I was out of cloak, it seemed fine, could be wrong though.

Lieutenant
# 7
07-03-2013, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Were you cloaked, and/or using the 'shields while cloaked' console? Because I seemed to notice this only when doing both of those things. If I was out of cloak, it seemed fine, could be wrong though.
Were not using any special abilities sat directly in front of each other, hit the exact same buffs (no shield heals) then fired. Other than what we did, not really sure how else to test this. especially with broken regeneration rate stats on apparently many ships.

I should not be able to burn down a Scimitar in less than 10 secs and keep most of my shields and hull while it has higher everything! lol. Does feel pretty awesome though...
Captain
# 8
07-03-2013, 02:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valetheon View Post
Were not using any special abilities sat directly in front of each other, hit the exact same buffs (no shield heals) then fired. Other than what we did, not really sure how else to test this. especially with broken regeneration rate stats on apparently many ships.

I should not be able to burn down a Scimitar in less than 10 secs and keep most of my shields and hull while it has higher everything! lol. Does feel pretty awesome though...
Why - I have destroyed 56 Scimitars today in Ker'rat - they pop like pop corn - best fun I have had in a long time - nothing to do with shields as i by-pass them completely with transphasic torps.
Career Officer
# 9
07-03-2013, 02:13 AM
Can't comment on the shield regen from the perspective of someone actually using a Scimitar, but was in a Fleet Alert with two earlier and, when I noted that their shields had taken damange, their shields certainly regenerated when I used sci-team and TSS on them.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Captain
# 10
07-03-2013, 02:16 AM
it is balance. you have 5 slots for cannons. its an offensive ship, if you wanna shield tank ,get a sci ship, if you wanna tank, get a cruiser
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2