Lt. Commander
# 1 Risa Personnal Jet Packs
07-03-2013, 07:20 AM
I rented a jet pack and was told by a young lady at the dock to practice by flying through some stone aches? What stone arches? Where are they? I couldn't figure that out.

So, after a few minutes of flying into the dock, flying into the water, flying into walls because I was trying to figure out the controls, my jet pack disappeared. So, then I thought that 1,000 credits is pretty expensive for such a short rental. I thought I was going to have the thing for the duration of my stay, or at least for the day.
Risa Beach Bum
Rihannsu
# 2
07-03-2013, 07:24 AM
Nope. And I agree, its kinda dodgy, but here is what you can do.

Option 1. When the statue hunt event comes up, accept the invite and then rent another jetpack, then go and find ten of the statues. With the changes, you should earn enough favors to get a jetpack from the store and those are perminent.

Option 2. Go over to the dance floor, it will take about 2 or 3 dances, but you don't have to rent a jetpack again.

Also, the stone arches she mentions are over on the east side of the main island. From the jetpack rental place, fly east along the coast, and then north, there are three of them fiarly close together, and if you fly through one, you get an accolade.
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-03-2013, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the advice. My character is supposed to be a stiff who doesn't dance, but, I'll give both a try.
Risa Beach Bum

Last edited by javaman1969; 07-03-2013 at 11:27 PM.
Career Officer
# 4
07-03-2013, 10:42 PM
The controls take a little getting used to, but once you learn them properly you shouldn't have much trouble. Be sure to slow down BEFORE you reach your target. Like cruisers, you require room to stop, though the better models have shorter stopping distances.

You should fly better in Shooter mode (default 'b'), as moving forward will push towards what you are aiming at. Jump (default 'space') activates your boosters and propels you upwards regardless of which direction you are facing.

In order to go down, either aim towards the ground and move forward, or deactivate the pack. You WILL take damage, but it is unclear (to me, anyway) if you can actually die. You'll regenerate it all in seconds anyway.

It is recommended you get at least the Basic floater. It turns slightly better than the rental, won't disappear, and your EC wallet will thank you. If you're after the Pearls, the Superior is a must. The agility and speed will allow you fly circles around the birds if you want.

Thanks to the increased rewards in the Horga'hn Hunt, it should take you no more than 2 to 3 hours to gather the 1000 Favors needed. I'd recommend skipping the Enhanced floater.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5 A Summer event questions
07-04-2013, 04:07 PM
What are a few of the items you can get for competing in the new Summer Event?
Brandon Lovett@Cpt.Lovett
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-04-2013, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theirishman90 View Post
What are a few of the items you can get for competing in the new Summer Event?
If you earn enough rewards you can buy Risan Summerwear and other souvenirs, but The big prize seems to be a Risan ship. I'm not sure exactly how to get that. I'm not sure what you can get for hatching a Risan tropical bird either.
Risa Beach Bum
Captain
# 7
07-04-2013, 09:33 PM
See here for general information on the event, such as things you can do:
http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=925061

And here for specific rewards:
http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=925601
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----
Rihannsu
# 8
07-04-2013, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matridunadan1 View Post
It is recommended you get at least the Basic floater. It turns slightly better than the rental, won't disappear, and your EC wallet will thank you. If you're after the Pearls, the Superior is a must. The agility and speed will allow you fly circles around the birds if you want.
Actually, I wouldn't bother with the Superior floaters, the basic is plenty agile for the courses. Speed doesn't really factor into it, take your time, and you can always double back if you miss a gate, you don't have to follow the track exactly, as long as you pass through all the gates. You get 10 minutes to do your daily, so that's plenty of time to finish your 3 courses.

An important thing to note, you are given 4 courses, but you only need 3 of them to complete the daily, so feel free to pick and choose, some are easier then others.

You can use shooter mode to fly, but again, you don't need to, you can also steer by holding down both mouse buttons and pointing the camera.
Captain
# 9
07-04-2013, 10:39 PM
Have basics on my 2 alts and Superior on my main. My main does the Statue Hunt to get favors and I find it makes everything quicker with it. Don't even bother with the Dance event anymore to get favors. If I want some Risa items on my alts, then I grind favors with my main and buy it for them. Only problem is that I have too many tropical eggs on my main. It is not necessary to get a Superior Floater for every alt if you are just doing the Pearl event. All you need is the Basic for it.
Captain
# 10
07-05-2013, 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matridunadan1 View Post
The controls take a little getting used to, but once you learn them properly you shouldn't have much trouble. Be sure to slow down BEFORE you reach your target. Like cruisers, you require room to stop, though the better models have shorter stopping distances.

You should fly better in Shooter mode (default 'b'), as moving forward will push towards what you are aiming at. Jump (default 'space') activates your boosters and propels you upwards regardless of which direction you are facing.

In order to go down, either aim towards the ground and move forward, or deactivate the pack. You WILL take damage, but it is unclear (to me, anyway) if you can actually die. You'll regenerate it all in seconds anyway.

Thanks to the increased rewards in the Horga'hn Hunt, it should take you no more than 2 to 3 hours to gather the 1000 Favors needed. I'd recommend skipping the Enhanced floater.
How do i get 1000 favors in2 -3 hours?