Captain
# 21
07-05-2013, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraghul2000 View Post
How would practising on normal help? On normal people usually follow RML without any problems, which would probably be the hardest way to do it on elite...
I could think of harder things. rml is easy, and only depends on a confident kang defender.

now 2-1-2 would be colser to the "hardest" definition. tho its much more fun
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
Starfleet Veteran
# 22
07-05-2013, 05:34 AM
just sub to one of the many stf channels around.

You can't be mad at people for failing in pug . If you play pug don't expect to get opt evrytime.
Captain
# 23
07-05-2013, 06:36 AM
Hello OP,

I see you are new to the world of Elite STFs. Don't worry, we have a channel for people like you. To join, please type /channel_join PublicEliteSTF in your chat box.

For guides and rules, please visit - bit.ly/PublicEliteSTFv2

Feel free to ask around, we have wonderful members who would be more than happy to help you learn the ropes.

Happy hunting!
Career Officer
# 24
07-05-2013, 07:05 AM
Heh I don't feel bad for you if you're experiencing bad pugs. We all do and we all know its the inherent risk of pugging it. Most people say join a fleet and run elites with your fleet, thats cool. If you aren't in a fleet, there are channels you can turn to and still get your optionals and a smooth ride.

Just two pennies here: just because you're on a team with 'elite level' players doesn't mean it will be smooth anyways. I know tons of folks who are kicking Khitomer left and right no problem but cower away from Cure (if we were talking Hive I'd understand but...) and nearly always its because of a lack of communication. Sort out trolls and make chat non-minimisable in STF and I genuinely think most pug problems could be cured overnight.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I completely don't mind the odd fail (so long as its very occasionally) since for Cure in particular the normal is WAYYYYY easier than the elite and people don't actually learn the proper tactics there. Brute DPS is the name of the game and sooner or later people have to learn the proper way from people in the know. Now, that probably should happen in fleet but myself personally don't mind teaching others. So long as they don't minimise chat and ignore all instructions... See the pattern here?

Last edited by lsloan31; 07-05-2013 at 07:07 AM.
Career Officer
# 25
07-05-2013, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdzso0 View Post
I could think of harder things. rml is easy, and only depends on a confident kang defender.

now 2-1-2 would be colser to the "hardest" definition. tho its much more fun
Just like to say for the record, my fleet totally goes 2-1-2 every time. IMO, it's the easiest way.

1 ship holds the middle, poking at the shipyards as he sees fit. 2 ships aggressively assault each side. All sides are responsible for destroying their side's badguys. It is expected that 1 side will fall first. At that point, the two from that side quickly scoot to the middle and help kill the raptors and the next cube. It is expected that the far side will be able to handle theirs (seriously, you should be able to 2v3 the Kang bound raptors easily; they barely fight back and I can almost 1v3 them before they actually hit the Kang). With the new distribution one cube or the other will go shortly and the remaining enemy waves and cube are easily handled by a full five ship assault.

It requires zero coordination because the ships are, at any given point, responsible for approximately whatever's in their firing range and move to their next closest targets on destruction. We do not have problems with CSE.

For that matter, I actually haven't had any CSE problems with PuGs lately either.
Captain
# 26
07-05-2013, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlock07 View Post
Just like to say for the record, my fleet totally goes 2-1-2 every time. IMO, it's the easiest way.

1 ship holds the middle, poking at the shipyards as he sees fit. 2 ships aggressively assault each side. All sides are responsible for destroying their side's badguys. It is expected that 1 side will fall first. At that point, the two from that side quickly scoot to the middle and help kill the raptors and the next cube. It is expected that the far side will be able to handle theirs (seriously, you should be able to 2v3 the Kang bound raptors easily; they barely fight back and I can almost 1v3 them before they actually hit the Kang). With the new distribution one cube or the other will go shortly and the remaining enemy waves and cube are easily handled by a full five ship assault.

It requires zero coordination because the ships are, at any given point, responsible for approximately whatever's in their firing range and move to their next closest targets on destruction. We do not have problems with CSE.

For that matter, I actually haven't had any CSE problems with PuGs lately either.
I did not say it was hard, or any of the others are hard ^^

it is the hardest, because there is a higher chance that the cube starts to attack you, and fewer players are on the neghvar and raptor spawning. ppl who struggle with mrrml would just plain fail with 2-1-2

plus its a hard to understand concept, because it is a "team" game, and here you might have to solo things. omg how can you solo a cube O.o it is impossible, because they are so OP, and hard, and killing
Career Officer
# 27
07-05-2013, 07:28 AM
Quote:
I did not say it was hard, or any of the others are hard ^^

it is the hardest, because there is a higher chance that the cube starts to attack you, and fewer players are on the neghvar and raptor spawning. ppl who struggle with mrrml would just plain fail with 2-1-2

plus its a hard to understand concept, because it is a "team" game, and here you might have to solo things. omg how can you solo a cube O.o it is impossible, because they are so OP, and hard, and killing
Well, the theory here is you don't have to solo a cube if you don't want to. If you're the middle guy, you can just hang back and kill everything that spawn and the second one of the side cubes pops, you get to swarm your middle cube with three. And if you CAN solo a cube (I try to avoid it, but it's possible), than go right ahead. Nobody will mind as long as a bunch of raptors or something don't get through.
Survivor of Romulus
# 28
07-05-2013, 11:37 AM
If I fail one more football game because somebody doesn't know what they're doing, I'm gonna lose it. Seriously. People, it isn't that hard, so listen up before I decide to side with the Borg and crack a shiny new hull with my Phaser cannons:

STEP ONE: THROW BALL

STEP TWO: CATCH BALL

STEP THREE: SCORE POINTS

THE END

Notice that no where in that guide does it say "GO OUT OF BOUNDS" or " MISS A FIELD GOAL "

3-4 RECEIVERS, 1 QUARTERBACK, REST ALL LINEBACKERS

EASY PEASY

NOW GO PRACTICE ON NORMAL BEFORE YOU SCREW IT UP FOR THE OTHER PEOPLE

THANKS

/rant end

sorry if I offended you

Last edited by insanesenator; 07-05-2013 at 11:40 AM.
Captain
# 29
07-05-2013, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by insanesenator View Post
If I fail one more football game because somebody doesn't know what they're doing, I'm gonna lose it. Seriously. People, it isn't that hard, so listen up before I decide to side with the Borg and crack a shiny new hull with my Phaser cannons:

STEP ONE: THROW BALL

STEP TWO: CATCH BALL

STEP THREE: SCORE POINTS

THE END

Notice that no where in that guide does it say "GO OUT OF BOUNDS" or " MISS A FIELD GOAL "

3-4 RECEIVERS, 1 QUARTERBACK, REST ALL LINEBACKERS

EASY PEASY

NOW GO PRACTICE ON NORMAL BEFORE YOU SCREW IT UP FOR THE OTHER PEOPLE

THANKS

/rant end

sorry if I offended you
except you are not supposed to touch the ball with your hand. if you throw it, and someone catches it, its the goalie, and you pretty much failed. if it is your goalie who catches it, and he scores a goal...

well then that goalkeeper is OP, and needs a nerf
Survivor of Romulus
# 30
07-05-2013, 12:58 PM
Quote:
except you are not supposed to touch the ball with your hand. if you throw it, and someone catches it, its the goalie, and you pretty much failed. if it is your goalie who catches it, and he scores a goal...

well then that goalkeeper is OP, and needs a nerf
ROFL, that brings up a ironically accurate point about the OP:

I'm talking about American Football, what would better be described as "Handegg", not "soccer" which the rest of the world calls football.

Related to the "RML" "RRMMLL" RRMLABCDEF" strategies people have discussed here, there is no single correct method for CSE.