Rihannsu
The Dilithium mine opens up when you complete the main tier 1 project (not the smaller tier projects)

While I understand having the interior open up as a reward, and also from a realistic point of view there should not be a mine there until you have technically built one, this has created a couple of problems.

1) The special times project that people may have already bought can only be viewed once you complete tier 1 (and most people wont even get to compare what it was like before TO appreciate the change). Seems unfair to have people select and use an option that they potentially cant see the results for weeks or months depending on their speed.

2) you can unlock the two smaller tiers and its rewards (like warp cores) but be unable to buy any of them until you make the interior. This is blocking off rewards that people have worked for, so i think something needs to be changed. At the very least can there be a space contact added so when you fly near the structures you can buy stuff in space without having to go to the interior?

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Captain
# 2
07-05-2013, 06:14 AM
It's a deliberate choice. Cryptic doesn't want players avoiding a major part of the resource drain, while still reaping the rewards like they did with the embassies (which you could level in such a way as to get the mk XII rewards without doing any of the overall holding tier upgrades).
Captain
# 3
07-05-2013, 06:28 AM
I'm quite happy with it, it gives me time to provision the mine before my fleet gobble up all the resources.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
Career Officer
# 4
07-05-2013, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
It's a deliberate choice. Cryptic doesn't want players avoiding a major part of the resource drain, while still reaping the rewards like they did with the embassies (which you could level in such a way as to get the mk XII rewards without doing any of the overall holding tier upgrades).
It's blatantly dishonest, that's what it is. If that's what they wanted to do, they should've added the unlocks that people now can't get to to those projects, not leave them as a fake reward on the projects they're now on.

Once you've unlocked something, you should get it, period. Either unlock the ground facility, or make it possible to hail the orbiting facilities and get them from the space map.
Reave
Career Officer
# 5
07-05-2013, 08:23 AM
I still find it quite amusing that we bought the ability to open the windows on the new mine, but that building doesn't actually exist yet.

There's a little man in a envi-suit on a rock somewhere with a pile of double glazing looking quite confused.