Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System and R&D
Login

Career Officer
Anyone else notice this issue? It happens on both my Klingon and Romulan Toon. I will, for example, assign doffs so that there is 100% chance of success, 0% chance of failure (e.g.: Review Colonial Applications for the /name/ Nebula; I assigned a Quartermaster and chance of Success registered as 100%, chance of Failure registered as 0%, Mission Outcome: Failure). This also occurs when the chance regsitration is showing Critical and Success totalling 100% and Failure and Disaster chance showing as 0%.

If the chance of something is zero, that means it will "never" happen.

What gives????
Career Officer
# 2
07-04-2013, 02:58 PM
I've had it happen on two consecutive contraband missions, lost 10 of them. I really wasn't thrilled about that. I think the issue may lie in white common doffs being used, I seem to recall that I tried using them for those two missions, but that's only a guess, and I haven't really been willing to try using them again.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
07-04-2013, 03:50 PM
I usually fail the Contraband mission when I manually assign Purple DOffs to it.

It works just fine with whatever color the BO recommended DOffs are.

DOff system needs fixing badly.
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.
Captain
# 4
07-05-2013, 12:57 AM
I concur. I just checked, everything's fine on my Fed char, but on my Klingon every single doff assignment failed, regardless of the chance involved. Even the basic colonial missions failed! And it also killed a very rare chain event...
-> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- -> Click if you prefer the old forum design! <-
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
Captain
# 5
07-05-2013, 04:02 AM
Quote:
If the chance of something is zero, that means it will "never" happen.
Afaik it's a rounding issue. Fractions aren't displayed, but rounded up or down. So your 100% and 0% might actually be 99.6% and 0.4%.
Commander
# 6
07-05-2013, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraghul2000 View Post
Afaik it's a rounding issue. Fractions aren't displayed, but rounded up or down. So your 100% and 0% might actually be 99.6% and 0.4%.
Yeah, the success/fail/etc chances are rounded. This is also why sometimes they don't seem to add up to 100%.
Captain
# 7
07-05-2013, 09:33 PM
So it might be just a very unlucky coincidence that 15+ assignments failed? It really shed a dim light on my crew, after all. Even basic diagnose duty failed...
-> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- -> Click if you prefer the old forum design! <-
"No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
Captain
# 8
07-05-2013, 10:29 PM
What's weird is that things like Dominion Prisoner Exchange can yield WHITE as an outcome...THAT ISN'T EVEN ON THE POSSIBLE OUTCOME LIST!
Captain
# 9
07-05-2013, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrytarg View Post
So it might be just a very unlucky coincidence that 15+ assignments failed? It really shed a dim light on my crew, after all. Even basic diagnose duty failed...
Execute them for incompetence!
Captain
# 10
07-05-2013, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmgtorres1979 View Post
Execute them for incompetence!
A busy day for the waste disposal units XD

Last edited by angrytarg; 07-05-2013 at 11:25 PM.