Career Officer
# 1 Decided to try the Foundry
07-04-2013, 09:37 PM
Had great fun for a while last week, I made a map, placed some things. Now I'm not sure it's worth the trouble, due to the following:

1) Crash after crash after crash after crash.

2) After about 15-20 minutes in the editor, it decides none of my text is filled out (I meticulously fill out everything in the Story tab). This results in an error on each of my objectives, without fail. The only way to fix it is to alt-F4 the client and reload the project (which is then suddenly error-free).

3) Trying to test a map is miserable. Waiting up to 5 minutes for it to load and then (in my project, the first map is going from Beta Ursae to the Badlands). It will warp my ship into Beta Ursae space and act like a system space map. That's not very helpful, really.

4) Not to mention the enemies that manage to disappear into thin air if you aren't quick enough to hit the insta-kill button fast enough, and you can no longer advance the map.

5) Did I mention crashing?

Is this all normal? People put up with this? Should I hold my breath waiting for a little stability?
44th Fleet
Captain
# 2
07-04-2013, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinferno2010 View Post
Had great fun for a while last week, I made a map, placed some things. Now I'm not sure it's worth the trouble, due to the following:

1) Crash after crash after crash after crash.

2) After about 15-20 minutes in the editor, it decides none of my text is filled out (I meticulously fill out everything in the Story tab). This results in an error on each of my objectives, without fail. The only way to fix it is to alt-F4 the client and reload the project (which is then suddenly error-free).

3) Trying to test a map is miserable. Waiting up to 5 minutes for it to load and then (in my project, the first map is going from Beta Ursae to the Badlands). It will warp my ship into Beta Ursae space and act like a system space map. That's not very helpful, really.

4) Not to mention the enemies that manage to disappear into thin air if you aren't quick enough to hit the insta-kill button fast enough, and you can no longer advance the map.

5) Did I mention crashing?

Is this all normal? People put up with this? Should I hold my breath waiting for a little stability?
All of this is normal, after the Romulan patch. Should you hold your breath? No. Try again in 3 months. Then, you'll notice the really messed us stuff. Yes, we put up with it, because we have no choice.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 3
07-08-2013, 10:23 AM
Yeah, these are all known issues. Thanks for your report.