Lt. Commander
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 154
# 1 New Nebula idea, what ya think
07-05-2013, 12:41 AM
I recently obtained an Nebula class starship, i love it but one thing comes to mind when i fly her, she looks old compared to all the newer ships so this is my idea. a new ship with the saucer of the sovereign, and updated hall. the best part would be the equipment packs. each pack would do something different. essentially changing your ships role.

the tactical - would speed up your tactical boff cool down, or possibly add an extra tac boff slot, or weapons slots shaped like the giant torpedo tube that's normal to the nebula. increase weapons strength

Science - a giant secondary senser array. it would add an extra science boff slot and cool down time on science boff abilities, as well as greatly enhancing the current universal consoles that come with the nebula and it's refit. increase shield strength

Engineering - not sure what it would look like, but would add hall strength, eng boff and faster eng boff cool down.

another one i've been thinking of

carrier equipment pack - a double hanger that is on top of the nebula. comes with a universal boff slot.

all extra boff slots would be a lieutenant and would replace the current universal slot grade or lower. of course each equipment pack comes sold separately,or as a whole pack so criptic can get it's money from us.

just want to see what people thought of this idea. also if you could think of other equipment packs, share them with me. there has to be some cool ideas out there.
Support the Pods
Fed: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=780321
RR: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post12150781
KDF: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=784941

Last edited by ccmurphy; 07-05-2013 at 01:07 AM.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 272
# 2
07-05-2013, 03:11 AM
good idea for the nebula to have to actual option to change pod for different mission profiles. also i would be nice to be able to run a nebula without any pods and neck for a sleeker look at slightly lower perfomance. i would also like to move the nebula in to the full cruiser with 8 weapons slots and no loss in science abilities or universal boff slots.

also it would be really cool if the 3 or 4 or 5 pack parts could be fit on to the galaxy x class.

the nebula pods would be
the science pod
the tactical pod
the twin mini set of warp necell
the carrier pod
and the full size nebula/galaxy necell

all pods fit into cut outs the same shape and size as the beck end of the nebula/nebula x/galaxy/galaxy x saucers. also all pods can be attached to back end of the saucers nebula/nebula x/galaxy/galaxy x when split off from the battle section of nebula/nebula x/galaxy/galaxy x or stayed attached to the battle section after all it is 2409 almost 2410 in star trek online and we know from all good things future time line 2395 that by then admiral william thomas riker saved the enterprise d from the scrap heap and used her as his personal five years before 2395 or 2396. also with jean luc picards knowing that he wanted not become strained with his crew that want to make sure that they did not split apart emotionally like in the all good things timeline. granted the furture all good thing timeline predicted certain things like the war with the federation and the klingons, bever howard crusher picard married ambassador jean luc picard and command the oylmpic class ship uss pasture and ships like the galaxy class. worf leaving starfleet to go to work for the klingon empire. also jean luch picard life debiliting desease. there in the prime timeline are changes like captain jean juc pcard's crew remained friends for a ver long time unlike in the all good things timeline. the galaxy x would have been design sonner because captain jean luc picard remember most of the specification of the future galaxy x and the need for replacemet ships which were newer adn had more fire power or staying power to fight longer for both the dommion war and the borg repeat attacks because starfleet made the galaxy class about 10 years early on the prime timeline compared to all good things the galaxy class had more more problem and ended up being way under power to the all good things galaxy x. at the time there was a little bit of improvment in the galaxy class over the stanard galaxy/venture classed the starfleet kept i few in the galaxy class in the fleet for experimenting and future needs
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 154
# 3
07-05-2013, 03:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captiandata1 View Post
good idea for the nebula to have to actual option to change pod for different mission profiles. also i would be nice to be able to run a nebula without any pods and neck for a sleeker look at slightly lower perfomance. i would also like to move the nebula in to the full cruiser with 8 weapons slots and no loss in science abilities or universal boff slots.

also it would be really cool if the 3 or 4 or 5 pack parts could be fit on to the galaxy x class.

the nebula pods would be
the science pod
the tactical pod
the twin mini set of warp necell
the carrier pod
and the full size nebula/galaxy necell

all pods fit into cut outs the same shape and size as the beck end of the nebula/nebula x/galaxy/galaxy x saucers. also all pods can be attached to back end of the saucers nebula/nebula x/galaxy/galaxy x when split off from the battle section of nebula/nebula x/galaxy/galaxy x or stayed attached to the battle section after all it is 2409 almost 2410 in star trek online and we know from all good things future time line 2395 that by then admiral william thomas riker saved the enterprise d from the scrap heap and used her as his personal five years before 2395 or 2396. also with jean luc picards knowing that he wanted not become strained with his crew that want to make sure that they did not split apart emotionally like in the all good things timeline. granted the furture all good thing timeline predicted certain things like the war with the federation and the klingons, bever howard crusher picard married ambassador jean luc picard and command the oylmpic class ship uss pasture and ships like the galaxy class. worf leaving starfleet to go to work for the klingon empire. also jean luch picard life debiliting desease. there in the prime timeline are changes like captain jean juc pcard's crew remained friends for a ver long time unlike in the all good things timeline. the galaxy x would have been design sonner because captain jean luc picard remember most of the specification of the future galaxy x and the need for replacemet ships which were newer adn had more fire power or staying power to fight longer for both the dommion war and the borg repeat attacks because starfleet made the galaxy class about 10 years early on the prime timeline compared to all good things the galaxy class had more more problem and ended up being way under power to the all good things galaxy x. at the time there was a little bit of improvment in the galaxy class over the stanard galaxy/venture classed the starfleet kept i few in the galaxy class in the fleet for experimenting and future needs

not a bad idea, didn't think about adding the gal x in there. and the no pod
Support the Pods
Fed: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=780321
RR: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post12150781
KDF: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=784941
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 239
# 4
07-05-2013, 06:26 PM
As a fleet nebula captain there's only one change I'd make to her and that's take away that 4th eng console she got and make it tactical. I mean the recon got a 4th the intrepid got a 3rd the nova got a 3rd and the nebula like the galaxy got shafted with a engineering console. Other than that her boff layout is pretty decent
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 168
# 5
07-06-2013, 10:36 PM
I REALLY like the carrier pod idea, think it could work very well, would much rather see this happen than see the "abortion" that is the Jupiter, created as a carrier!!
On the point of pods, could we get the ones attached to the RSV to actually DO something, I have no idea what, so suggest away.....
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,447
# 6
07-06-2013, 10:58 PM
Now, but I would like to see the Phoenix variant of her
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 154
# 7
07-06-2013, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldbeer72 View Post
I REALLY like the carrier pod idea, think it could work very well, would much rather see this happen than see the "abortion" that is the Jupiter, created as a carrier!!
On the point of pods, could we get the ones attached to the RSV to actually DO something, I have no idea what, so suggest away.....

thanx. though i've always thought that these pods would work on anything that could equip them. though they would probably be z-store variants of the ships. you could even go as far as making ships with pods for the kdf and the rr. of course each faction would get different looks for the pods, so that they would fit in with the faction's looks.
Support the Pods
Fed: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=780321
RR: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post12150781
KDF: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=784941
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 815
# 8
07-07-2013, 02:22 AM
http://www.ewe-squad.com/fleet/nebulavariant2.jpg

I found this pic on the web. Id love to see something similar as a third saucer varient.

Also what about the canon oval pod a al USS Southerland?

Yes Id like to see like Nebula Upgrade Pack whick gives you more costume options and pod variations. Choose the look and the pods funtionality.

I support the idea. I love my nebby.
Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 154
# 9
07-07-2013, 03:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustiswordz View Post
http://www.ewe-squad.com/fleet/nebulavariant2.jpg

I found this pic on the web. Id love to see something similar as a third saucer varient.

Also what about the canon oval pod a al USS Southerland?

Yes Id like to see like Nebula Upgrade Pack whick gives you more costume options and pod variations. Choose the look and the pods funtionality.

I support the idea. I love my nebby.
nice, though i would have to change the hall and nessel designs, they don't flow with the new saucer on it. i just hope someone at cryptic see this and likes the idea. it's not that big of a project and it would change a ship to be more cannon
Support the Pods
Fed: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=780321
RR: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post12150781
KDF: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=784941
Commander
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 491
# 10
07-07-2013, 04:59 AM
I like the idea but I offer the below. To be useful the consoles would have to be attached to the module so tacs don't get stuck with 2 tac consoles

base hull 31000
base weapons 3/3
base shield modifier 1
base turn rate 10

tac module: add 1 weapon to 4/3, boost turn rate to 14, consoles 4 tac, 3 eng, 3 sci
** On second thought, maybe add 2 weapons for 4/4
eng module add 2 weapons to 4/4, boost hull to 42000, consoles 3 tac, 5 eng, 2 sci
sci module: add 2 hangar bays, boost shield modifier to 1.35, consoles 3 tac, 2 eng, 5 sci

Last edited by jagdhippies; 07-07-2013 at 05:04 AM.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:51 AM.