Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Captain
# 1 Unbearably Broken?
07-05-2013, 12:53 AM
While i really enjoy this game and love star trek, it's kind of become unbearably broken since the launch of LoR. Ridiculously so, which is kind of sad given the problems before release. There are just way too many things that are clearly not working as intended or described if they work at all. This includes things ranging from (-th) consoles to a ships regen or defensive values to costume pieces, to pretty my almost every aspect of the game. This is again including the things that were broken long before LoR launched, and some of which even since launch. This is on top of the things that are wrong that just aren't being taken care of of for other reasons, things like the skins ending at the neck(not even on the hands), the glaring bald patches on the new romulan hair styles, the the fact that the Jem'Hadar and the Remans look horrible and inaccurate, and the ferengi seem unusually short and wide at times. LoR isn't even what it was advertised to be which kind of really throws into question a lot of what's going on at Cryptic.

Weird things like all of that seem to really be making this game kind of unplayable in a lot of ways. Granted i know it's not easy to be releasing content for a single game let alone at the same time they're releasing another full game, but at the same time when do they have to stop releasing more things to break the game instead of fixing what's wrong?

What all are they doing to solve so many problems? Are they even working to fix some of these things? the [BORG] proc never really worked and still doesn't as far as i know, which is inexcusable after this long. Is anyone else mad at this? Whats the point of playing a game if your ship is being dismantled through full shields? or by invisible weapons(not even in the combat log)?

What can we as players do to get all of these issues addressed? how are others handling the game when so much of it is busted beyond frustration?
Ensign
# 2
07-05-2013, 01:10 AM
They are working on the next season as we speak, and you will be happy to hear that bug fixes are on their way....via the lock boxes.

Each lock box will give you a chance to receive a random bug fix, or a duty officer pack. Maybe some space junk.

Thank you for your patience.
Career Officer
# 3
07-05-2013, 01:14 AM
Dear Abby:

Got a problem......
Captain
# 4
07-06-2013, 08:04 AM
I'm not really sure why they moved this one from general discussion given that it's a general discussion about how broken the game is rather than a discussion about specific bugs or any thing. Maybe they're just trying to make it less noticeable instead of outright censoring it?

Any way i know i can't be the only one having these issue, so i'm curious about the kinds of problems others are having as well as if there is anything that can be done to fix things aside from bug it and wait for a patch that might not come.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-06-2013, 09:58 AM
Here's a tip, it applies to your real life, as well as posting here. If you have a complaint or problem, make it plainly and simply. Don't throw in every little thing you can think of, this just becomes an undifferentiated rant, to which it is impossible to respond.

Now, you sound unhappy, but reading your post, I can't really understand what response you are looking for. Please state your problem in one or two sentences, clearly and without excess emotion.
Captain
# 6
07-06-2013, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiedeadheaded View Post
Here's a tip, it applies to your real life, as well as posting here. If you have a complaint or problem, make it plainly and simply. Don't throw in every little thing you can think of, this just becomes an undifferentiated rant, to which it is impossible to respond.

Now, you sound unhappy, but reading your post, I can't really understand what response you are looking for. Please state your problem in one or two sentences, clearly and without excess emotion.
Why is everything so broken? Whats being done to fix it beyond small patches here and there? is there any way to get ship defenses working properly?

I didn't mean for this to come out as angry nerd rant, but more of a thing to strike up conversation about all of the smaller things that are making the game unplayable at the moment. Smaller things which are likely not to be fixed anytime soon. I'm definitely curious to see who else is having these issues as well as other things that are not doing what they say they are.
Commander
# 7
07-06-2013, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraithshadow13 View Post
While i really enjoy this game and love star trek, it's kind of become unbearably broken since the launch of LoR. Ridiculously so, which is kind of sad given the problems before release. There are just way too many things that are clearly not working as intended or described if they work at all. This includes things ranging from (-th) consoles to a ships regen or defensive values to costume pieces, to pretty my almost every aspect of the game. This is again including the things that were broken long before LoR launched, and some of which even since launch. This is on top of the things that are wrong that just aren't being taken care of of for other reasons, things like the skins ending at the neck(not even on the hands), the glaring bald patches on the new romulan hair styles, the the fact that the Jem'Hadar and the Remans look horrible and inaccurate, and the ferengi seem unusually short and wide at times. LoR isn't even what it was advertised to be which kind of really throws into question a lot of what's going on at Cryptic.

Weird things like all of that seem to really be making this game kind of unplayable in a lot of ways. Granted i know it's not easy to be releasing content for a single game let alone at the same time they're releasing another full game, but at the same time when do they have to stop releasing more things to break the game instead of fixing what's wrong?

What all are they doing to solve so many problems? Are they even working to fix some of these things? the [BORG] proc never really worked and still doesn't as far as i know, which is inexcusable after this long. Is anyone else mad at this? Whats the point of playing a game if your ship is being dismantled through full shields? or by invisible weapons(not even in the combat log)?

What can we as players do to get all of these issues addressed? how are others handling the game when so much of it is busted beyond frustration?
- Wait, [-th] doesn't work??? !!!!ARG!!!!

- Remans and even Roms ARE horrible. True story: I created 2 Rommys, 1 is Viceroy Vkruk (Preator Shinzon's 2nd in command), the second was... The girl from the LoR ads by PWE/Cryptic themselves. (The pointy eared elfy looking one, not the other one). Guess what?... Both facial features AND costumes IMPOSSIBLE. The Remans look NOTHING like the Remans from the movie and even the Roms cannot even duplicate the Rom art from the designers themselves!?!?!? Remans are CLEARLY nothing more than aliens with a few tweaks. [look at Vkruks eye sockets for ex]. I was sorely disappointed, and even after BUYING the Nemesis outfit for Rommys, it STILL looks NOTHING like what it's supposed to. The outfit is even horribly off. [No cape!?!?] It's almost like this is some kind of offshoot of ST at times when it comes to playable chars. [-_-]

- I'm not even gonna get into other bugs as I've grown tired of even discussing them. But in short, agreed 110%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhylethx View Post
They are working on the next season as we speak, and you will be happy to hear that bug fixes are on their way....via the lock boxes.

Each lock box will give you a chance to receive a random bug fix, or a duty officer pack. Maybe some space junk.

Thank you for your patience.

Dude, if that was a real option, I'd jump all over it. What's right and wrong is irrelevant anymore, i just want friggin results. True story #2: I have SERIOUSLY considered a "fix our bugs" fund for PWE/Cryptic for the sole prupose of PAYING the man(s) salary(s) to dedicate an employee to fixing what THE PLAYERS want fixed since they clearly only have time to work on more profitable ventures. So... Ask them "Say guys, what would it cost to get X bug fixed? Don't forget to add on a cut for the higher ups." just to get something done! Really, I'm serious. if they won't do it out of greed, feed the greed but get results. Sad but apparently the only way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraithshadow13 View Post
I'm not really sure why they moved this one from general discussion given that it's a general discussion about how broken the game is rather than a discussion about specific bugs or any thing. Maybe they're just trying to make it less noticeable instead of outright censoring it?

Any way i know i can't be the only one having these issue, so i'm curious about the kinds of problems others are having as well as if there is anything that can be done to fix things aside from bug it and wait for a patch that might not come.
YouSir, are correct. An assumption, yes, but a fair one to make. Saying no without saying no if you will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiedeadheaded View Post

Real life plays no role here. We are dealing with a company hiding behind an internet wall of protection. We cannot go to their office and demand to see a supervisor, lol. Secondly, the method you propose has been presented ad nauseum. It is consistently ignored by all devs other than to say "known issue". It has escalated to the point of rants that all the specific requests have been neglected. I'd expect ALOT more posts like this in the very near future. And BTW: if a "real life" company (say your internet provider or phone company) ignored complaints this much... well let's just say STO is lucky to have a monopoly on the Star Trek MMO at the moment.

If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting. ~thlaylierah
So realistically, you only need to have the exact number of doffs that you need. ~leadme2kirk
Captain
# 8
07-06-2013, 10:07 PM
Yeah, i have two (-th) consoles, they work erratically at best, and even then i've seen them actually ADD threat, so i'll see them flying up to attack me, even when i'm not even shooting, while other times i'll get aggro and hold it for a good 20 seconds or more after leaving the Cube's range while the rest of the team is hammering away on it, and that's with the two consoles. I'm not really seeming much difference in the plasma damage either.

The biggest issue for me though is whatever is going on with the ship stats lately. At first it was just my romulan, now its every one. i've seen my bonus defense go from -15% to 60+% with a one time spike to about 120%, with steady power levels and no de/buffs. Just random fluctuations. But now my weapons are doing the same. Earlier in a CE event(normal) i started shooting at a tholian widow and i was doing 20-40 damage a shot, which as a Tac with max gear and all seemed a bit weird. My romulan Sci was having the same issue with the adapted carrier weapons set to about 75% power, never dropping below 50%, and this was in a few of the Events like Vault:ensnared and the mirror event.

Granted i like that they're adding so much, but a lot of what they added seems to be less than advertised, broken, or not working as described. Its frustrating when nothing is working as it's supposed to be.
Career Officer
# 9
07-07-2013, 11:48 AM
LOL on the bug fix "lock box option"

I am tired of my stats getting jacked with. One day my ship is effective and hammering on the big threats - next day I log in to find it suddenly seems like I'm shooting blanks. My fleet Mogai had over 60k in armor & 14k shields and now is back down on both by a third. Some of that was OK because I could never get my fleed D'Deridex that high using the same toon and all of the same equipment which was frustrating. My ships are all a lot slower now than they were a couple of weeks ago too. It makes it really hard to play the game when every time I find a setup that works well for me, they patch the game to jack it up.

I spend a lot on the game, so I really hope they start fixing problems and stop jacking with our ships to make them less effective.
Captain
# 10
07-07-2013, 10:32 PM
As much as i like having content added, i'm really not pleased that it's not what they said it was as well as not working like they say it should. I'm really surprised the forums aren't in more of an uproar about the current state of the game and how much isn't doing what it should be. Ive just unlocked the Refraction Tetryons from the Tholian rep, and as of yet i haven't really seen them ricochet to another ship, either visually or in the combat log, so i'm worried that would be just another thing that isn't right.