Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System and R&D
Login

Career Officer
Every week I am being pushed later and later with these 24 hour duty officer missions, no cool. Daily in the past has meant 20 hours, gives some of us working stiffs a bit of flexability on when we do the doff missions. The 24 hour are a pain to manage time wise and doff missions I use to do right after work are moving further and after midnight.
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?
Rihannsu
# 2
07-05-2013, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trhrangerxml View Post
Every week I am being pushed later and later with these 24 hour duty officer missions, no cool. Daily in the past has meant 20 hours, gives some of us working stiffs a bit of flexability on when we do the doff missions. The 24 hour are a pain to manage time wise and doff missions I use to do right after work are moving further and after midnight.
I know what you mean. like why is it I can tag epohhs every 20 hours but the doff mission lasts 24 hours???? Every time im late running it again the further and further it gets pushed back.
Captain
# 3
07-05-2013, 07:38 PM
/signed 10 char
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
07-05-2013, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Completely agreed!
Republic Veteran
# 5
07-06-2013, 02:56 AM
While at it make 48 hour missions 40 hours and change 72 hours to 60 hours.

Last edited by aexrael; 07-06-2013 at 04:10 AM.
Ensign
# 6
07-06-2013, 09:01 AM
Yeah, 20 hour timers is a lot easier to keep to a regular schedule on.
Career Officer
# 7
07-09-2013, 04:01 PM
Before New Romulas were there any 24 hour DOFF missions?
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
07-09-2013, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Before New Romulas were there any 24 hour DOFF missions?
I don't remember any 24 hour to completion missions off the top of my head, but plenty of 24 to 48 hour cooldowns.

What immediately comes to mind for me are the missions related to colonization chains. Resettle colonists lasts 4 hours with a cooldown of 24 hours - so 28 hours total until you can take it again. All of the support missions are the same. Officer Exchange missions are a total of 28 hours until you can take them again, as well.

And of course - NADORC (Negotiate Additional Delivery Of Rare Commodities) is 4 hours to complete, 72 hours cooldown, total 76 hours.

It's a good point, though - it's frustrating trying to do the Flying High mission and the raise birds missions when the timers are so different.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vice Admiral Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.
Ensign
# 9
07-10-2013, 08:46 AM
Yeah, it doesn't bother me as much on the various doff mission cooldowns, because a lot of those I don't expect to chain over and over anyway (it might not be up when it comes off cooldown). Epohh and Bird raising, on the other hand, are both things that you want to (and can guaranteed) do every day, and so it's much more convenient to be able to set aside a time to take care of them that won't slowly creep forward.
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
07-10-2013, 08:50 AM
I couldn't agree more. For the Risa event, Flying High is on a 20 hour timer, but the bird DOff missions are 24 hours. It's really unnecessarily penalizing players.

I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
And remember to follow the rules.