Commander
# 1 Leveling with nSTF
07-05-2013, 06:14 PM
So right now I am semi-power grinding (as in trying to get it done by the end of the week) my Reman-Fed lv 48, and I would prefer one level per episode. Obviously, by the time you hit the Cardassisan missions, the aforemented requirement is not possible... which means I need to grind it.

While there are other options as a Reman-Fed compared to KDF, I want to do one nSTF - so here's the question:

How annoyed will you be if I showed up in a Normal STF, in a completely non-optimized Rom-Sci vessel with Rainbow beam, even though I know how to do eSTF? I will likely show up in ISN and KASN.

Reason why it's non optimized and Rainbow: Chances are my focus build will be T'varo Retro, the Multi-vector warbird, and the tactical/eng scimatar. I got the sci vessel just in case I want to use sci power.
Captain
# 2
07-05-2013, 06:47 PM
Firstly you don't need anyone's permission.

Secondly, I wouldn't mind at all. To me it's much better someone who knows they are not "so up to the task" and really try than those who are overconfident "blow-it-alls" that then forget a little detail and there goes the optional
Career Officer
# 3
07-05-2013, 08:00 PM
Not at all a problem here, when not in eSTFs I chill out in nSTFs helping newly levelled players get the feel of things (though I'm normally in ground KA to help them get the liberated science borg Boff many of them are uunaware of)

Check out my ideas for the game here
First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-F
First., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon Wolf
Wolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
Commander
# 4
07-05-2013, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by o0kami87 View Post
Not at all a problem here, when not in eSTFs I chill out in nSTFs helping newly levelled players get the feel of things (though I'm normally in ground KA to help them get the liberated science borg Boff many of them are uunaware of)
We manage to run out of time in KASN. With 3 scimatar and 1 HEC in addition.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-07-2013, 12:05 AM
People won't care. But from personal experience, you won't get much actual EXP out of it.
Captain
# 6
07-07-2013, 04:00 AM
If I may suggest an alternate plan to running nSTFs: If you're Reman-Fed, run a pair of system patrol missions, then run the next Episode. System patrols play quickly with a minimal drain on time or other resources. The Outreach missions are an offshoot of system patrols and are also useful in accruing XP to level up. Running a pair of patrols between Episodes has the added benefit of getting you to the next rank before you play the next Episode. S'Harien's Swords is a lot more fun as a Captain, lol. You also will not have to wait on the nSTF cooldowns. Along with any of the other drawbacks PUGing STFs may have. Nor will you need to purchase any gear above Uncommon in quality. Unfortunately, the system patrols all tend to be similar after about the fourth one. For a change to the patrols, grab the nearest battle in Sector Space. Since your goal is to get your character up to VA quickly, it is worth it. I leveled a Sci toon this way just prior to LoR launch and it went very fast.
On a mission to put the "Casual" back into "Casual Player"

The only gear any ship or Away Team really needs is a competent Captain.