Rihannsu
# 1 Argelius interior issues
07-06-2013, 09:49 AM
Was it intentional to reduce the width of the argelius interior black space so drastically? I was using a relatively small section of it and one of the recent patches cut down the black space so drastically that the interior I built doesn't fit any more.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
07-08-2013, 09:09 AM
Part of the problem is that many of these interior maps gained massive amounts of black space inadvertently which we then turned around and utilized for our own builds. I suspect that when the developer went into fix the pathing, they removed the extraneous black space not realizing that we would utilize this for our own uses.

I would very much like to see an empty interior map specifically designed for building custom interiors. Even if we get a version of the NW interior editor, it will be far more limited than what we can create on out own. Giving us a sandbox map to build these maps on will formalize a space we can work with instead of developers tripping over us when they try to fox an unintended side effect.

@greendragoon
Cryptic Studios Team
# 3
07-08-2013, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Was it intentional to reduce the width of the argelius interior black space so drastically? I was using a relatively small section of it and one of the recent patches cut down the black space so drastically that the interior I built doesn't fit any more.
Can you get me the Mission ID of the affected project?
Rihannsu
# 4
07-10-2013, 07:57 PM
The name is "The Beta Rana Incident". Unfortunately, I can't get in game to find the mission ID at this time. (the computer I installed STO on crashed and I haven't managed to fix it yet.)
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.

Last edited by markhawkman; 07-10-2013 at 07:58 PM. Reason: no hyphen... I think.
Captain
# 5
07-11-2013, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post
Part of the problem is that many of these interior maps gained massive amounts of black space inadvertently which we then turned around and utilized for our own builds. I suspect that when the developer went into fix the pathing, they removed the extraneous black space not realizing that we would utilize this for our own uses.

I would very much like to see an empty interior map specifically designed for building custom interiors. Even if we get a version of the NW interior editor, it will be far more limited than what we can create on out own. Giving us a sandbox map to build these maps on will formalize a space we can work with instead of developers tripping over us when they try to fox an unintended side effect.
I agree completely. A completely blank interior map would be highly beneficial for authors to create their own maps.

and to the OP: I have had the same issue. Check out the red link in my signature.

stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More!
It's about time. DEVS NEED ACCOUNTABILITY.