Career Officer
Quick note to devs/PW...

In the old days I could purchase C-store items off the web. Now you can't and have to do this in-game.

I want to buy a handful of rommy ships during the sale (nothing major, but maybe 2 or 3 low versions and 1 tier 5 for c. 4000 zen)

I am a discount seeker so will never purchase these things when they are not on sale.

Thing is I dont have a rommy toon ...(yet) so cant buy them. This is stupid, I should be able to unlock them and use them when I am ready... 2 cents - tell me if i have got it wrong.

McCoy: It's a song, you green-blooded... Vulcan. You sing it. The words aren't important. What's important is that you have a good time singing it.
Spock: Oh, I am sorry Doctor. Were we having a good time?
McCoy: God I liked him better before he died.
Captain
# 2
07-06-2013, 03:13 PM
Use steam to buy without trouble. You need to add the game to your library, then DL it or copy paste the folder in your steam directory. Then you'll be able to buy items from the cstore ingame using your steam account.
Also, I heard it's pretty safe, as if something happen and you don't have the item/zen, you can blame steam and have a refund.
Commander
# 3
07-06-2013, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erei1 View Post
Use steam to buy without trouble. You need to add the game to your library, then DL it or copy paste the folder in your steam directory. Then you'll be able to buy items from the cstore ingame using your steam account.
Also, I heard it's pretty safe, as if something happen and you don't have the item/zen, you can blame steam and have a refund.
Yeah! Steam is SAFE and will never give any kind problems.
And is fun to have on your computer!

"This is Admiral BumBleBush!..Captain of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"

"This is Fleet Commander BumBle!..
Vice Admiral of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..
I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
07-06-2013, 04:49 PM
Using Steam doesn't really fix the issue the OP has - they want to buy Romulan ships but don't have a Romulan character high enough to buy them. They're not having trouble with buying zen like some people have experienced.

Last time I used the web C-store before it went away that restriction existed there as well.
Captain
# 5
07-06-2013, 05:09 PM
You can always just buy the ship when you get to the appropriate level. You might even find you've changed your mind when you get there. Plus you've had time to earn Dilithium which might give you a bigger discount then the sale.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.