Lt. Commander
# 31
02-02-2010, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by company_man View Post
Cryptic is going to have to adjust to the fact we're now paying customers.

Level of service, reliability and communication better improve or they'll lose THIS customer rather quickly.
This is the kind of service you can expect from Cryptic. Get used to it.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-02-2010, 12:35 PM
Just tried again with paypal. Worked this time!
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-02-2010, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashguud View Post
Just tried again with paypal. Worked this time!
lucky you been trying for 2 hours now and still geting nothing but error or sub service down
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-02-2010, 12:38 PM
I've been around for several major MMO launches, and every. single. one has had the same problem. What I'm not understanding, is that with a simple study of MMO history, you would think that companies designing them would anticipate this, and take precautions. There is really nothing worse than waiting for a game for so long, and not being able to play it on the first day.

Oh well, take solace in the fact that the 20 posts I've seen about civil suites (please read the EULA before you threaten this), and threats of quitting are all just a bunch of chest puffing. Those are the people that will be the most addicted for the longest amount of time.

Also worthy of note: the $1 charge is simply to make sure your credit card is active, and ready to be billed. It will be removed, in most cases within the next day.

The most frustrated case in this point is one that has been a fallout of every MMO. There is no official post by a developer, saying that they are aware of this problem.

I'm currently watching the TNG marathon, and dying every time the STO commercial comes on! haha
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-02-2010, 12:40 PM
I really dont mind the delay all that much, but the idea that I get charged for a failed attempt is worrying. If the subscription server is down then it would be great if they weren't running my card first and then failing somewhere else down the line. It may only be a dollar each time but it's still my dollar. I know its not malicious on Cryptic's part though so heres hoping they are quick to get things back on track and refunding the accidental transactions.

Edit to add: If RusR is correct above me then no harm done. I wasn't aware that's how the system worked.
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-02-2010, 12:42 PM
Right. But you won't get charged for it. It's just a CC check. Those aren't real charges.
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-02-2010, 12:46 PM
Can you guys reply when you are able to subsribe? I took the day off work and won't be able to play untill the weekend.
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-02-2010, 12:49 PM
Also make sure your cookies are working right. I deleted cookie and then made sure I.E. was configured under privacy / sites to always allow startrekonline.com to plant cookies.
Lt. Commander
# 39 :-)
02-02-2010, 12:54 PM
I played in Open Beta and Head Start - it is really fun - once this gets taken care of I am sure you will agree!
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-02-2010, 12:55 PM
I just checked the subscription page again, after getting the "server is down" message multiple times, while trying to enter a payment method. It is now updated with my perferd payment method. And my Client is now updating. Smokem if ya gottem! :p