Career Officer
Since day 3, I have asked for glasses. I have begged, pleaded, and even on occasion asked.
I even though since it's the same engine you could import some stuff from Champions Online.

Now we have them, somewhat.

I picked up 2 pairs to see if I can make them usable for me. I was wrong.

Here is my idea, add an transparency option for the lenses on the glasses.

Here is crude mock up of some at about 50% opacity

As you can tell my my signature I really want glasses.

Thanks

Last edited by otakuboyt; 07-07-2013 at 08:41 PM.
Lieutenant
# 2
07-07-2013, 08:25 PM
Yes, I have also wanted this since the beginning.

Also would like rectangle shaped glasses as well
Career Officer
# 3
07-08-2013, 09:07 AM
Where are the side bows on these glasses. It looks kinda silly to have floating sunglasses.

Sorry to say, these things could use some work.
Vice Admiral Aznia Deet, Federation Ambassador, U.S.S. Federalist
Career Officer
# 4
07-08-2013, 09:33 AM
Sides would be nice, frankly I just figured these glasses were pince-nez style
Career Officer
# 5
07-08-2013, 01:51 PM
There is a reason there are no glasses options so far in STO; have you really every seen anyone wearing glasses in the Star Trek universe? I'll eager the answer is no, and they even cover an explanation for that in a few episodes. People simply aren't born with weak eyes anymore, and thus no need for glasses. A little but of tampering while in the womb, and people will never develop weak eyes. On the rate occasions people are born with our develop weak eyes, there are treatments such as a more modern type of Retinax,

Before anyone brings it up, yes I am aware that in the Original Series movies, Kirk was established as wearing reading glasses, but that was around 125 years in the past for STO, and even in the relatively near future of Next Generation we never see anyone wearing glasses for any reason.
Career Officer
# 6
07-08-2013, 03:22 PM
I've never seen anyone wear sunglasses either and we have those.

However, lore wise it's part of my character and personally, I prefer the "me" character to have glasses.
Lieutenant
# 7
07-08-2013, 05:26 PM
Constitution, nx, tos uniforms, enterprise uniforms, twok uniforms, etc. no one had those in next generation, but they are still in STO. Glasses should not be an exception.
Lieutenant
# 8
07-08-2013, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aetherscapist View Post
There is a reason there are no glasses options so far in STO; have you really every seen anyone wearing glasses in the Star Trek universe? I'll eager the answer is no, and they even cover an explanation for that in a few episodes. People simply aren't born with weak eyes anymore, and thus no need for glasses. A little but of tampering while in the womb, and people will never develop weak eyes. On the rate occasions people are born with our develop weak eyes, there are treatments such as a more modern type of Retinax,

Before anyone brings it up, yes I am aware that in the Original Series movies, Kirk was established as wearing reading glasses, but that was around 125 years in the past for STO, and even in the relatively near future of Next Generation we never see anyone wearing glasses for any reason.

1) In a deleted scene of Insurrection there was an officer with glasses:

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Glasses

2) If TNG had no cure for blindness or baldness yet, why would they have a cure for nearsightedness?

3) Glasses are cool. people now-a-days have non-prescription glasses just to be cooler. Why would we prohibit our future selves from those possibilities?

Last edited by qultuq; 07-09-2013 at 10:27 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 9
07-08-2013, 06:00 PM
Kirk uses a pair of antique reading glasses in one of the movies.
Career Officer
# 10
07-08-2013, 11:53 PM
First of all, congenital blindness is a far cry different than just weak eyesight. Baldness is merely a cosmetic problem, the type of thing they seem to just look past by the 24th century. As a result, neither are really suitable comparisons. A deleted scene didn't make it into the movie, and thus never happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusty8mac View Post
Kirk uses a pair of antique reading glasses in one of the movies.
Geez, didn't I just say in my post that I acknowledge that? That was also like I said, roughly a century before TNG, and a quarter of a century more by STO time.

All this being said, let me point out that I'm not exactly opposed to getting glasses in STO, it didn't bother me at all; just playing canon devils advocate, and pointing out the reasons it'll probably never happen.