Lt. Commander
Dilithium Mine Upgrade Project is to long of a process. It is putting a hold on doing the Active projects now. Please look into the Math on this Issue and shorten the Upgrade process Thank you.
Commander
# 2
07-08-2013, 12:56 PM
I don't think any holding project should be longer than 20 hours tops.

The absurdly long time gates are just insult on top of materials cost injury.
Captain
# 3
07-08-2013, 02:16 PM
The time and costs of the Dilithium Mine projects seems to be an almost direct copy of the Embassy projects. The only real difference is that the majority of various upgrade project associated with the Dilithium Mine don't cost dilithium. This does not include the Trade and Development upgrades.

The time gates are to make doing the upgrades slightly realistic. Even in the 25th Century, it doesn't take a day to build a mine. Although I am surprised that the Tier 1 and Tier 2 Starbase upgrades take less time than the Tier 1 Embassy and Tier 1 Dilithium Mine upgrades since a Starbase seems more elaborate than the Dilithium Mine and Embassy.
Commander
# 4
07-08-2013, 02:46 PM
If I wanted even slight realism I wouldn't come to a Star Trek property.

STO is a game I'm supposed to be playing for fun, not working and clock watching like a second full time job.
Empire Veteran
# 5
07-08-2013, 06:17 PM
Are you guys kidding, the times on the dil min are a godsend. We have been working t5 base projects in both our fed and kdf. You guys realize each project there takes 2 weeks right? Adding that all up, once you get to the end of t5 for your base, you have at least 3 more months of running upgrades unless you stagger your tiers a bit. Makes the dil mine projects seem like they are flying by.
Commander
# 6
07-11-2013, 09:28 AM
Personally I think every fleet upgrade project should be dropped to 24 hours. How does having a really long wait time add realism to the game? It's not as if you can warp into your fleet system, dilithium mine system, or beam down to the embassy to see construction crews working or anything. If that was the case then yeah I could probably see the wait time but that's not the case, it just does a graphics switch from a built holding to one that's partial built then back to a fully built one.
Captain
# 7
07-11-2013, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vermatrix View Post
Personally I think every fleet upgrade project should be dropped to 24 hours. How does having a really long wait time add realism to the game? It's not as if you can warp into your fleet system, dilithium mine system, or beam down to the embassy to see construction crews working or anything. If that was the case then yeah I could probably see the wait time but that's not the case, it just does a graphics switch from a built holding to one that's partial built then back to a fully built one.
Rome was not built in a day and everything I have seen about Star Trek indicates that while they have better construction methods than us, they can't replicate starships, cities, or starbases. It would be nice to have construction bots buzzing around indicating that it is in the process of being built or have multiple construction phase images, but it is not like they wait till the last possible second and in one single second completely build the facility. Certain things have to be ignored for gameplay like this, our ships being respawned after destruction, and our captains being killed.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-14-2013, 01:03 AM
I think the time is.. decent, I guess. Our KDF Fleet is working on Tier II mine and it was just added really.

It might matter how you level ur projects up, if you keep the upgrade time in mind... you'll only slot one type of missions, say Dev types.. let that fill up.. run the upgrade.. by time the upgrade finishes(run Trade projects only), ur Trade will finish... run trade upgrade.. do a few provision projects. Trade finishes.. Mine is ready for Tier 1 upgrade. Run missions to fill up for next cycle.

The logic works.

-V