Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Fleet System and Holdings
Login

Survivor of Romulus
# 61
07-11-2013, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by newromulan1 View Post
Yeah so being in a small fleet - lucky I had not bought anything because you need 1200 Mining provisions @ 500 Fleet credits each

Which of course goes right down the toliet as you get nothing back

The Embassy Tier 2 was only 500 embassy provisions - what the heck is going on with this mine??
i much prefer this than dilthium for the love of baby jesus stop putting massive dilthium costs on everything
Survivor of Romulus
# 62
07-11-2013, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jivedutch View Post
According to Matthew the Dilithium Mine costs a little less than 5M.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post11299151

So no, my fleet will not break even on the mine with the current projects, but the reason for doing the mine ASAP is not just the dili discount on other projects, but also the new items & missions, like the mining mission, and the consoles & other perks from the holding.

And then all calculations aside ....
The Holdings are meant as a build up for the long term for fleets to work on, it was never meant as cheap or quick to begin with, and provide the fleets who have made them with the perks they grant.

As for how they are doing this ... be glad each and every fleet has the chance to do this, even if it takes years because a small group wants to do it together.

There are several other MMO's out there with long term basebuilding options, but have those options limited to a certain amount for each realm/server ... meaning smaller groups can never start making them at all, because all are taken or auctioned off for incredible prices ( forsaken world has very limited amount of base locations, and the size of the guild depends on the size of the base, be glad we dont have that in STO )
Having fleet bases scaled on fleet size is exactly what this game needs. Have the tier 3 exterior for small fleets, the tier 4 exterior for mid fleets, and the tier 5 for large fleet. Then add essential services to all of them and have fleet equipment scaled to fleet size. Then implement the Fleet Alliance system so smaller/larger fleets could ally and for contributing to projects the smaller fleets could gain access to the better equipment. It would be a win/win for everyone and finally settle the catastrophe the fleet system has been before it even launched.
Career Officer
# 63
07-12-2013, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicesdark View Post
Having fleet bases scaled on fleet size is exactly what this game needs. Have the tier 3 exterior for small fleets, the tier 4 exterior for mid fleets, and the tier 5 for large fleet. Then add essential services to all of them and have fleet equipment scaled to fleet size. Then implement the Fleet Alliance system so smaller/larger fleets could ally and for contributing to projects the smaller fleets could gain access to the better equipment. It would be a win/win for everyone and finally settle the catastrophe the fleet system has been before it even launched.
Hmm ... fleetbase & requirements by fleetnumbers .... yeah .. sure ...

IF they were to be so stupid as to do that, all the big fleets would set up small dummy fleets with 5 members, where they rotate lots of alts into for the requirements, and when they made it full T5 for a fraction of the cost fill that fleet up with real members ...

Alliances are already a long time part of this game since the fleet systems came on, only thing missing is an ingame system linking it ... but already plenty of fleets have alliances with eachother for development ... exchanging favors for access to production facilities, the rest gets shafted for multi-mill map invites....

And some more problems with your arguments ...