Lieutenant
When I log in, I can select a character, but when I try to load any of them, the loading bar reaches about 89 and then the red text "SERVER NOT RESPONDING" appears at the top of the screen. I am then kicked back to the log-in screen with the message "Timed out connecting to GameServer". I have tried multiple times to log-in with different characters and I have checked my internet connection. What is going on? How can I fix it?

Thank you!
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
07-10-2013, 03:36 PM
I'm having the same problem... the glitches have become tiresome.
Vice Admiral Collin Michael McNeil
U.S.S. Alliance
NCC-93405-C
Odyssey Class
No Horizons To Distant
Career Officer
# 3
07-10-2013, 10:18 PM
I play three MMO games online...

STO is The Only One that actually SHUTS DOWN my Internet Modem while I'm playing the game!!!

I get into the game with little to no trouble most of the time...,

But within five to ten minutes I get the "SERVER NOT RESPONDING" notice and a moment later, my Modem just goes dark.

It's the damnedest thing I have ever seen....

My modem is only two months old, and I don't have any problems with the other two MMO's that I play, that can even compare to what STO does.

I actually don't really have any problems with my internet connection Except with STO.

I don't believe it is the game itself that causes the problem, I believe that it all has to do with the company that runs Cryptic's server bank in Boston.

Anytime I do a ping, that is where I have the longest delays.

It's time They either crack down on the crappy service that the Boston company is giving, or fire um and get a new one!!!

...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Ensign
# 4 same issue
08-05-2013, 12:32 AM
SAme EXACT thing happen to me. Only on my klingon character, every other character is fine. like wtf i paid money for ships i have on that character
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-05-2013, 06:20 AM
A work around is a vpn service. Google for a free vpn service.
--
Lion Heart of Hammer Squadron
Closed Thread