Lt. Commander
# 131
07-22-2013, 12:45 PM
Continuing the story from LC 44, this outing has the crew diplomatically tangoing with a Delta Quadrant visitor.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=5629511#post5629511

Literary Challenges Entries- Star Trek Online: Lord English
Dramatis Personae of Star Trek Online: Lord English
Captain
# 132
07-22-2013, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zidanetribal View Post
Continuing the story from LC 44, this outing has the crew diplomatically tangoing with a Delta Quadrant visitor.
Very nice entry Was this a collaborative piece with cmdrscarlet?
Captain
# 133
07-22-2013, 03:11 PM
@ambassadormolari - I am such a fan of Ta'nara from this piece. I really enjoyed the part of her reasoning to take the item from the forest. Really well done.

@wraithsahdow13 - If this was uninspired then color me impressed! Admittedly, some sentences seemed to be missing a word that caused me to reread them, but overall I think it was well-conceived.

@zidanetribal - Thank you for name dropping! So, marcus, no we didn't collaborate. I'm a fan of the Voyager series above the rest (), so LC that connect to that show really grab my attention. This was a fun piece to read!
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Ensign
# 134
07-22-2013, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
@vdiddy5000 - Welcome to the LCs! It reads like you have an interesting crew so I hope you show more of them in future Challenges
Thank you, thank you, I hope so as well. I admit, this is my first time writing about my STO character, much less her bridge officers...though I always had thoughts of how they would be were they actual characters. Anyway, any feedback/comments/complaints & praises are always welcome.
Lt. Commander
# 135
07-22-2013, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
Very nice entry Was this a collaborative piece with cmdrscarlet?
@marcusdkane: It wasn't a collaboration; it just happened that all the needed information was in Scarlet's signature, heh heh.

@cmdrscarlet: I'll have to use more Voyager references then. Some of the more advanced races in the Voyager canon may be able to use plot devices to reach Federation space as well.

@vdiddy5000: I think it's a very promising start to a fruitful LC career.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=5629511#post5629511

Literary Challenges Entries- Star Trek Online: Lord English
Dramatis Personae of Star Trek Online: Lord English
Rihannsu
# 136
07-23-2013, 09:33 AM
@flamesight: Interesting viewpoint, given the human races current ability for some of its members to want to swap one Earth culture for another, makes sense that there would be some who would want to swap to a non-earth culture.

@cmdrscarlet: Exactly how does a Breen wear shorts? And a nice job on making DOFFing seem sexy, though on Risa, I gues everything seems sexy.

@hfmudd: I like this crew, nice window into their time. And the two Gorn are cute.

@vdiddy5000: Cute story and some interesting characters.

@ambassadormolari: KILLL!!!!!!!! Sorry, old reflex to your opening line. Interesting crew here, lots of good interaction.

@wraithshadow13: It took me a second to remember this character, but interesting action story. 1st person is always hard for me to do well, but I think you did pretty good.

@zidanetribal: Nice conclusion, and very Star Trek, winning them over with open arms.

Unfortunately I couldn't really get mine together well enough for me to put it out. I'll keep working on it and try for next time.
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 137
07-23-2013, 01:14 PM
Great discussions and feedback! Feel free to continue but I will unstick this thread I prepare to post #47... it's going to be a fun one

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Rihannsu
# 138
07-24-2013, 04:19 AM
@masopw: Ha, good stuff, mostly funny with a bit of sad to wash it down. And I love a story that proves that people will always lose their minds on a tropical beach.
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Career Officer
# 139
07-25-2013, 05:06 PM
Catching up on some reading: A lot of good stuff here!

@flightofcrimson - Very fun story! Man, I'd pay real money to see Drake floating around Risa in trunks...

@danqueller - that was a rather elegant solution the problem of Rycho. I look forward to seeing how he handles it! It was also nice to see what the rest of your crew is up to.

@knightraider - sweet, sexy and loads of fun! I really loved the Klingons digging My Little Pony, and the Wrath of Korn reference. And Magnum, P.I. - IN SPACE!

@rextorvan - that was very good. I really liked the reason for Eris' discomfort with attending any sort of festival.

@jonsills - I really like Ruben.

@patrickngo - I seem to recall having a similar experience to Kevin's on my first trip to Pearl. Got a little lost in Waikiki. Don't remember exactly what happened... so many mai-tais... similar story, different punchline.

@flamesight - great log entry. I really enjoy reading from the perspective of characters who are a bit off the wall and know it.

@cmdrscarlet - nice little interlude there. I would also pay real money to see a Breen in shorts.

@hfmudd - simply brilliant. The contrast between Mishara at the start of this piece and the end and all the intrigue in between... I really loved the way you set your Gorn up as having very human concerns (money, fast ships, emotional barriers) but being just alien enough in ways that simply make sense for them.

@vdiddy5000 - terrific first entry! Fascinating characters, humorous and engaging writing. I enjoyed this very much.

@ambassadormolari - that was a really beautiful entry, showing Ta'nara's sensitive side and her (somewhat ill-conceived) efforts to connect with her crew. The bit at the start with Ziala and Taliv was also very good.

@wraithshadow - a fascinating chance encounter there, and an awesome look at Wraith in action! Great stuff as usual.

@zidanetribal - excellent continuation piece! I find it interesting that of all the species in the Lord English's crew, your ex-Borg Ten seemed to be the one most able to relate to Lesa.

@masopw - a hilarious log entry from your CMO! Thank you for the laughs in this one. The morose ending was a nice counterpoint.

"I won't try to hide behind the Law if what I stand for is what's Right."

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics