Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Reputation System
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 31
07-10-2013, 01:45 PM
Cryptic used the Rep system, as well as the starbases, to add seemingly necessary tasks and items that cost a ton of dilithium. This discourages players from converting all their dilithium to Zen and encourages many to use Zen to buy dilithium. Cryptic obviously isn't going to remove any dilithium sinks.

However, they could make the Rep system account-wide and leave the dilithium costs intact for each character. So, if your second toon hit lvl 50 and wanted a Cutting Beam, the project would be available for them immediately, but it would still cost them 500 omega marks and 15,000 dilithium. Cryptic loses nothing, only gains a happy altaholic who will end up spending even more dilithium to dress out his various toons now that the huge grind is out of the way.

Personally, I don't care if I even finish T5 on my main toon, and I won't touch it only any of the others. If I could, I'd spend the dilithium (potential ZEN) to load out all 6 of my toons in T5 rep gear in a heartbeat. But if I have to schedule a daily appointment with STO for another month to do so... no. No, I'll just keep my pink diamonds, thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 32
07-10-2013, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild8 View Post
If rep is the endgame in STO then god help us all... cause its all end and no game (no fun either).
Totally. If this is the best we're going to get, I might as well jump ship now.
Lt. Commander
# 33
07-10-2013, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nephilim83 View Post
Cryptic used the Rep system, as well as the starbases, to add seemingly necessary tasks and items that cost a ton of dilithium. This discourages players from converting all their dilithium to Zen and encourages many to use Zen to buy dilithium. Cryptic obviously isn't going to remove any dilithium sinks.

However, they could make the Rep system account-wide and leave the dilithium costs intact for each character. So, if your second toon hit lvl 50 and wanted a Cutting Beam, the project would be available for them immediately, but it would still cost them 500 omega marks and 15,000 dilithium. Cryptic loses nothing, only gains a happy altaholic who will end up spending even more dilithium to dress out his various toons now that the huge grind is out of the way.

Personally, I don't care if I even finish T5 on my main toon, and I won't touch it only any of the others. If I could, I'd spend the dilithium (potential ZEN) to load out all 6 of my toons in T5 rep gear in a heartbeat. But if I have to schedule a daily appointment with STO for another month to do so... no. No, I'll just keep my pink diamonds, thank you.

Missing the point keep up.... Zen unlock is not for gear... its for tier 5 rep you'd still have to grind your gear so the dil sink is still in play.... just remove the bloody time sink aspect.... =D

I'd love account wide rep but i dont see it happening.... hence I wave the carrot of a Zen unlock in hopes they budge on the timesink....

www.elitedefensestarfleet.com

/channel_join PublicEliteSTF
PublicEliteSTF Channel Info: bit.ly/PublicEliteSTFV2
WE WANT A KDF BOP 3 PACK!!
Commander
# 34
07-10-2013, 02:14 PM
This is the part where Cryptic takes the dive and PvP space and ground are transformed into something that is remembered for a hole decade! possibly two!!

Lyndon Brewer: 20% chance to capture enemy ship for 60 seconds on successful use of boarding party.

cause sometimes its party time!
Commander
# 35
07-10-2013, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild8 View Post
...New players coming in would still have to do these things before being able to purchase the unlocks for alts etc. you see? but it would eliminate the rep system grind for the those of us that hate it... the purpose of this thread.... if rep is the endgame in STO then god help us all... cause its all end and no game (no fun either)...
I guess for me it's not the grind, or even the time involved, but rather the almost total lack of stuff to do in the meantime. I think it's fair to say that any player who has maxed out all 3 reps will be able to do every single mission, fleet action and STF in their sleep with 4 notable exceptions: No Win, because that is still a fun challenge (at least for me). Hive Ground for the same reason (if you even like ground). Hive Space because spammable 20k range one hit 112,000 crit kills, +10000 stealth detection, 2 minute cooldown regen probes and spammable plasma energy bolts is not most people's idea of fun (and that's just on normal atm). And lastly, Terradome, which fun as it is, apart from the fact that 90% of players don't even know it exists which makes finding the necessary 5 players difficult at best, it's so bugged and the rewards are so out of sync with the rest of the game that most players will do it once if at all, look at their now not-so-shiney Blue Mk X Polyalloy Armor, and say "pfffff, what a waste of an hour, let's never do that again..."

LoR did bring with it a lot of new content and new players who perhaps aren't as jaded as some of us, but in terms of endgame stuff, new fleet actions and general stuff for those of us who remember everything from the first appearance of feature episodes, to the launch of LoR, I think we got two, three new things? It's overall total lack of end game content that will slowly kill this game, Rep/Fleet grind fatigue is just a symptom of a much larger issue.

I will concede, however, (contrary to a post I made in another thread) that maybe there should be some kind of 're-rep' discount, but it's my view that the express zen bypass route might, perhaps inevitably, lead to even the pretence of free 2 play going out the window as the system is seen to make money, gets transferred to 1st characters and becomes the standard, and we'll end up with a SWTOR 'free 2 try until level X' type system. While it is still technically totally free to play in terms of silver access to all but a few unimportant shineys, the game is already monetized enough as it is.

I feel that more/less rep would be (or feel like) less of an issue if there was actually a reasonable and regular supply of newer stuff to do during those 20 hour waits. Sure, you can do pvp, or grind with your fleet or whatever, but let's face it, the fleet grind gets just as boring as the rep stuff especially when all the projects are on cooldowns and as for pvp, while it's still fun at whatever level your character is, there is simply a gear gate if you are serious enough about it to have more than 2 or 3 toons.

Wanted: 200,000 Dilithium Special Feature Projects for Romulan skinned Fleet Holdings.

Last edited by carasucia83; 07-10-2013 at 03:00 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 36
07-11-2013, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyxadrill View Post
+1 No arguments from me. I have a queue of characters but there is no way I'm going through the grind(s) on all of them.
+2.

I won't lie, i really enjoyed the rep grind the first time. But no way i am doing it again. Waiting for last tier to complete for romulan and then i will be going back to SWTOR. I wish i had played this game more but i like to play alts and current system just discourages me to do so.

So i will be going back to SWTOR, it has much better account wide rep system.
SERVER NOT RESPONDING (1610s)
Captain
# 37
07-11-2013, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Reputation grinding is good.... one time.
It is. Thankfully you don't need to do it more than once unless you actually want to.

Or have convinced yourself that you need to because epeen despite not wanting to. But we both know you're not that easily manipulated by shinies.
# 38
07-11-2013, 08:43 AM
I'll have 5th char at T5 omega in three days. Only takes a couple of minutes of clicking and done. The delay is annoying, people raging and deleting chars because its soo haard to click the buttons make no sense
Commander
# 39
07-11-2013, 09:09 AM
Its funny how 90% of the ppl agree and still Cryptic ignores us.

Kinda of sad, PWE overlords must be behind that.
Empire Veteran
# 40
07-11-2013, 06:56 PM
I have no problems grinding for the gear on every single character. Why do I need to wait one month on every single character for something I've already done countless times? Please make the system at least Faction wide.

Cryptic is hurting itself in terms of potential sales for alts with this.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Closed Thread