Starfleet Veteran
# 11
07-10-2013, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bberge1701 View Post
I thought I was experiencing something similar on my Romulan characters, until I realized what I was hearing was the singularity "charge level" (or whatever it's called) dropping another tier. Sometimes crops up in sector space after completing a space mission and exiting with some charge on the singularity core.
Yeah but its happening on my Fed character...
Captain
# 12
07-10-2013, 02:06 PM
maybe somebody with a gambling device near you...and not winning the 50-50 roll.
Go pro or go home
Career Officer
# 13
07-10-2013, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
maybe somebody with a gambling device near you...and not winning the 50-50 roll.
Nope its not that sound either. It can happen whilst standing alone on Risa beach or in a crowded ESD.

Any devs want to pop in and confirm we are not halucinating? lol
Admiral Rednall
** Server Hamster - He Ready! **
Career Officer
# 14
07-10-2013, 03:43 PM
Yes, It does happen quite often, and in most unusual and unexpected location.

Another sound that comes out is something like a store announcement jingle. Or some sort of station announcement is about to be made. But I can hear it on Risa, and New Romulus outdoor areas.
-----------------------------------------
Enjoy and have fun!
It is a game.

Career Officer
# 15
07-11-2013, 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifter1969 View Post
Yes, It does happen quite often, and in most unusual and unexpected location.

Another sound that comes out is something like a store announcement jingle. Or some sort of station announcement is about to be made. But I can hear it on Risa, and New Romulus outdoor areas.
Ah! now that one I can answer The jingle is someone close by using the lobi store obtained gambling device. Its got that "railway station/supermarket tannoy" type sound.

That one DID drive me nuts as well until I found out what it was.
Admiral Rednall
** Server Hamster - He Ready! **
Lieutenant
# 16
07-22-2013, 04:47 PM
This happens to me all the time. Three different distinct sounds, but it's not the mail thing because there's no notification at all.

On Risa, part of it may be the gambling device, as you hear the "Dabo!" announcement at odd places on the island sometimes. Probably not all three sounds. It's still a bug in any case.

But it happens in space or on missions or exploration worlds as well.

There's the error sound, the triple-bing like some in-game devices, and a quad bing like the communicators.

They're distinguishable because there's no notification in the NPC/chat window or on screen. I get mail notifications.

Also, my mail light is always on no matter what.
Ensign
# 17 Hearing It To
07-22-2013, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyxadrill View Post
OK I'm hoping someone can answer this as just lately its driving me nuts .

Every now and again, when in any of the social areas, I hear a sound that I can only equate to an "error" sound as if a wrong option has been chosen in LCARS or the KDF equivalent. It seems to happen at random and sometimes multiple times.

I've heard it for ages but just lately its begun to bug me as to what the hell it is. No messages pop up or appear in chat (at least from what I've seen).

I realize that its going to be difficult to answer without actually "hearing" it but I don't know how to get a sample of it (or indeed where the sound files are stored).

Am I going mad? Should I book an emergency session with the ships Councillor? Anyone got an idea of what it is?
I am a new player and was hearing it to. I thought it was a pm or something but checked nothing. Hope they fix it!
Ensign
# 18 Mail Light
07-22-2013, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidconversion View Post
This happens to me all the time. Three different distinct sounds, but it's not the mail thing because there's no notification at all.

On Risa, part of it may be the gambling device, as you hear the "Dabo!" announcement at odd places on the island sometimes. Probably not all three sounds. It's still a bug in any case.

But it happens in space or on missions or exploration worlds as well.

There's the error sound, the triple-bing like some in-game devices, and a quad bing like the communicators.

They're distinguishable because there's no notification in the NPC/chat window or on screen. I get mail notifications.

Also, my mail light is always on no matter what.
Same here with the Mail Light. It comes on once in awhile so I click on it and it shuts off and comes on again when I log back on.
Captain
# 19
07-23-2013, 09:33 AM
I've heard it for a while too, I just ignore it now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
The Great Risian Witch Hunt - a random five minute foundry mission!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Captain
# 20
07-24-2013, 07:51 AM
I've hear that sound many of times and just simply ignore it, now as for the annoying singularity charge sound that forever keeps beeping even when it's depleted need to be fixed.

If you have come to the forums, to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of the Romulan Tal'Shiar fleet