Career Officer
As the title says. With the tease of the Romulan Veteran ship yesterday i think it's time to bring this back up.

For as good as the Vet Ships are they are still lacking behind fleet ships mainly in one area, consoles. All of the lockbox, free, and lobi ships have 10 consoles but the ships that require a $200/$300 LTS or paying each month still have 9 consoles.

Since the Romulans will be getting a Vet ship soon i think that it's only right that at the same time the Romulan ship as well as the Fed and KDF ship get a fleet version.

My recommendation.
Standard Fleet Bonus +1 Console +10% hull and shields.

Cost: 1 FSM 20,000 FC
Requires 1000/day Vet obviously.

1FSM instead of 4 because we have paid for the ship. not in the same way as the cstore ships but we've paid with our subscription and for that it should get the cstore discount.

-------

The other option would simply be to just update the current ships with a 10th console slot, no hull/shield bonus and this would just change the ship that we already have.

-------

Personally i would have no issues paying for a fleet upgrade to this ship for both my fed, and my romulan when that ship comes out. The Chimera is a great ship but that one less console slot does hurt, and it'll hurt even more on the romulan ship.

I hope enough of you agree with me here and we can hopefully get Cryptic to give us these upgrades when the Romulan Vet Ship is released.

ACCESS DENIED
U.S.S. Gipsy Danger | U.S.S. Gunstar | U.S.S. Oswin
R.R.W. Coronatus | R.R.W. Valar Morghulis
Career Officer
# 2
07-11-2013, 06:06 AM
Really? i'm the only one who wants that 10th console slot on these ships?

ACCESS DENIED
U.S.S. Gipsy Danger | U.S.S. Gunstar | U.S.S. Oswin
R.R.W. Coronatus | R.R.W. Valar Morghulis
Captain
# 3
07-11-2013, 06:11 AM
I can agree on the possible addition of a 10th slot or a possible fleet version, but in Cryptic's eyes they see it as it's not a fleet ship nor is it a C-store ship, and for the perks of your sub including that free ship is enough.

Oh and FYI only select ships have 10 slots, not all paid for ones like lobi or store and definitely not free have 9 or less.

Last edited by shadowwraith77; 07-11-2013 at 06:47 AM.
Career Officer
# 4
07-11-2013, 06:30 AM
its only the 10th thread on the topic....
Delirium Tremens
Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
Nothing to do anymore.
http://dtfleet.com/
Visit our Youtube channel
Career Officer
# 5
07-11-2013, 06:42 AM
Aye, I'd love fleet status on my vet ships. I wouldn't pay for it though. It was part of the deal which I paid $300 for. I don't feel that I should pay more for it.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009

It's time for STO to get a complete UI overhaul.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
07-11-2013, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lan451 View Post
Aye, I'd love fleet status on my vet ships. I wouldn't pay for it though. It was part of the deal which I paid $300 for. I don't feel that I should pay more for it.
I agree with this
Commander
# 7
07-11-2013, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lan451 View Post
this.
ship already costs too much to be sub par with top line ships.
Captain
# 8
07-11-2013, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfamega View Post
this.
ship already costs too much to be sub par with top line ships.
Welll if you are paying for a sub or lifetime sub just for the ship, welllll guess you got what you paid for.
Commander
# 9
07-11-2013, 08:15 AM
The console of the 1000-day-ships has two modes, one very good, and therefire it is a very effective console.

The turnrate, speed, hull/shield strength, abilities (battle cloak for the Klingon on top of that) and extra goodies like advanced slipstream and a very good BOff layout make these ships top of the line.

In fact my Klingon is using the veteran ship like some kind of heavy Bird of Prey and I prefer it over Galor, Bortasqu, Qin Raptor etc..

To put it bluntly, I can think of a ton of 10 console ships that cannot hold a candle to the 1000-day-ships and think I would rather see each of them have an individual bridge than a 10th console slot. That would be nice, of course, but the veteran ships are already great with 9.
Career Officer
# 10
07-11-2013, 10:34 AM
Meh, the VA ship token we get for the 600? day reward are 9 console ships Really the 1000 day destoyers should have 10 consoles

Early lockbox ships like the d'kora only had 9 console slots too, they got upped to 10 since their will never be a fleet version ... ( d'kora even has a similar single console : two modes to switch between and ability for each mode )