Captain
# 11
07-11-2013, 10:38 AM
Fleet Version? I think all the 1000 day veteran ships should be upgraded to Fleet Grade ships.
Seems only fair seeing as how lockbox ships don't need to be upgraded.
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
07-11-2013, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lan451 View Post
Aye, I'd love fleet status on my vet ships. I wouldn't pay for it though. It was part of the deal which I paid $300 for. I don't feel that I should pay more for it.
Nonsense. It doesn't work like that for C-Store ships. With C-Store ships, the Fleet module cost is reduced by three. And I think that would be an amicable compromise to having fleet versions of the vet ships.

I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
And remember to follow the rules.
Career Officer
# 13
07-11-2013, 11:17 AM
Here is an idea, have the Heavy Destroyers special console be integrated.
Career Officer
# 14
07-11-2013, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidiusrex View Post
Nonsense. It doesn't work like that for C-Store ships. With C-Store ships, the Fleet module cost is reduced by three. And I think that would be an amicable compromise to having fleet versions of the vet ships.
You forget that many of the C-store ships, such as the big 3 pack ships, already come at fleet level status. I paid $25 for my tac Vesta which is already fleet level. I paid $300 for my LTS and the ship that comes with it is not. How does that make sense? So no, I completely disagree with having to use FMs when the ship should have been fleet level already.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009

It's time for STO to get a complete UI overhaul.
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
07-11-2013, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by otakuboyt View Post
Here is an idea, have the Heavy Destroyers special console be integrated.
That would be great, but I don't see it happening.
Captain
# 16
07-11-2013, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lan451 View Post
You forget that many of the C-store ships, such as the big 3 pack ships, already come at fleet level status. I paid $25 for my tac Vesta which is already fleet level. I paid $300 for my LTS and the ship that comes with it is not. How does that make sense? So no, I completely disagree with having to use FMs when the ship should have been fleet level already.
Again if you paid $300 just to gain a free ship with a sub, than you got what you paid for. The only reason you are complaining is because it isn't a fleet variant or got all the goodies that some store or box ships have. But you would have known it wasn't going to have those if you did some research on it before your purchase.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-11-2013, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neok182 View Post
Since the Romulans will be getting a Vet ship soon i think that it's only right that at the same time the Romulan ship as well as the Fed and KDF ship get a fleet version.

My recommendation.
Standard Fleet Bonus +1 Console +10% hull and shields.

Cost: 1 FSM 20,000 FC
Requires 1000/day Vet obviously.

1FSM instead of 4 because we have paid for the ship. not in the same way as the cstore ships but we've paid with our subscription and for that it should get the cstore discount.
+1
10 chars
Keybind: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...&postcount=463
Bone1970 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
Bone Trader don't belief in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng.
Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
Career Officer
# 18
07-11-2013, 03:56 PM
I'll admit i would like it to just be a simple upgrade like they've done before, and considering we have paid $200/$300+ for these rewards it probably should be free.

but in trying to be logical and think like PWE/Cryptic i figured i'd suggest a fleet version instead just flat out free since i don't really see that happening even though it should.

The concept of making it's console a built in ability would be acceptable as well, though i'm sure that would be much tougher than just adding a 10th console slot to the ship.

I'm also aware that this has been brought up before, but considering that a new vet ship for the romulans is being added it would make sense for now with that addition for cryptic to go back and add fleet or at the minimum 10th console slots to the other two ships as well as the romulan ship.

ACCESS DENIED
U.S.S. Gipsy Danger | U.S.S. Gunstar | U.S.S. Oswin
R.R.W. Coronatus | R.R.W. Valar Morghulis
Career Officer
# 19 Vet Ships
07-14-2013, 11:55 AM
I'd like to ask the question...When do we get the rom vet ship anyway?
Career Officer
# 20
07-14-2013, 11:56 AM
When do we get the vet rom ship anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neok182 View Post
As the title says. With the tease of the Romulan Veteran ship yesterday i think it's time to bring this back up.

For as good as the Vet Ships are they are still lacking behind fleet ships mainly in one area, consoles. All of the lockbox, free, and lobi ships have 10 consoles but the ships that require a $200/$300 LTS or paying each month still have 9 consoles.

Since the Romulans will be getting a Vet ship soon i think that it's only right that at the same time the Romulan ship as well as the Fed and KDF ship get a fleet version.

My recommendation.
Standard Fleet Bonus +1 Console +10% hull and shields.

Cost: 1 FSM 20,000 FC
Requires 1000/day Vet obviously.

1FSM instead of 4 because we have paid for the ship. not in the same way as the cstore ships but we've paid with our subscription and for that it should get the cstore discount.

-------

The other option would simply be to just update the current ships with a 10th console slot, no hull/shield bonus and this would just change the ship that we already have.

-------

Personally i would have no issues paying for a fleet upgrade to this ship for both my fed, and my romulan when that ship comes out. The Chimera is a great ship but that one less console slot does hurt, and it'll hurt even more on the romulan ship.

I hope enough of you agree with me here and we can hopefully get Cryptic to give us these upgrades when the Romulan Vet Ship is released.