Rihannsu
# 1 thaleron nerfed???
07-11-2013, 03:00 PM
I just ran an estf like I normally do( ICE) and tried using my thaleron on a generator.. I did the usual and got all my power to auxiliary, switched on Aux2Sif and bem overload, hit the botton and... Nothing.. it fired all right, but for a shot that usually does 65k of damage, i didnt do any damage at all to the generator this time.. zero, none..
Compounding that, i was one shotted by a beam that hit me from behind.. Confused, I looked back there and there was nothing there..
this is the second time in this same estf ive been hit by a shot from empty space and killed,but even more perplexing was my thaleron being so weak as to do no damage at all. Is anyone else seeing similar??

We Will Be Free!
Career Officer
# 2
07-11-2013, 03:22 PM
Working ok here, got a max of 20% off a transformer which has a HP value of 646K so that's around 120K. I did get hit from behind on ISE and it almost took me out, suspected it was an invisitorp from the gate though.
Rihannsu
# 3
07-11-2013, 03:43 PM
weird.. my polarons ar still doing good damage and the probes are ok though they are dieing a lot quicker now. The thaleron is useless at this point, and the ship itself is dieing faster than if i didnt have any shields or armor at all.. I mean, if this is fixing the scimitar, please give me the broken parts back..

We Will Be Free!
Captain
# 4
07-11-2013, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wufangchu View Post
I mean, if this is fixing the scimitar, please give me the broken parts back..
Be careful what you wish for. Did a fleet alert earlier, didn't notice any issues with my Thalaron. Did the usual hit APO3, APA3, then charged it with all power to aux, wiped out an entire wave in one shot. So it seems to be pretty much the same.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
# 5
07-11-2013, 06:37 PM
Spheres can fire on you while they are warping in, so they can fire from a position that is empty just a second later when you look back.

As for the fragility try the dismiss/claim shuttle dance and pulling off all your Scimitar consoles and putting them back on.
Rihannsu
# 6
07-12-2013, 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom61sto View Post
Spheres can fire on you while they are warping in, so they can fire from a position that is empty just a second later when you look back.

As for the fragility try the dismiss/claim shuttle dance and pulling off all your Scimitar consoles and putting them back on.
Good advice.. I dismissed my runabout some time ago when its bug was first discovered, but i havent removed and replaced the consoles.. That will be my next attempt tonight.. Thank you.
Pam

We Will Be Free!
Empire Veteran
# 7
07-12-2013, 06:44 AM
They may have changed it to not affect 'unliving' objects. Or in this case, stuff like the generators because they do not have any life on them, they are only static objects.

Empire Veteran
# 8
07-12-2013, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
They may have changed it to not affect 'unliving' objects. Or in this case, stuff like the generators because they do not have any life on them, they are only static objects.
I don't think so because I was using the blast last night on CSE to quickly deal with the Nanite Probes under the Cubes and I was still pretty much one shotting the bottom rows with it.
Captain
# 9
07-12-2013, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
More likely this was an LoS desynch or asteroid issue. On the left side of the ISE map there are multiple small rocks that can play havoc on LoS and outgoing fire if you're in just the wrong place.
Commander
# 10
07-12-2013, 08:32 AM
Well:

1st - I don't know why are you all expecting a super-weapon that will destroy everything in one shot:

that weapon (in the movie) was supposed to kill people, not ships.
but, even so, it is not designed to kill dreadnoughts, its is designed to kill T3 or lower ships.

also, have you tried to boost your aux power level ?
i've heard it really increase the pulse damage.